Forums > RWBY

Unofficial - RWBY Vytal Festival Tournament Board Game: Free to Play on Tabletop Simulator

Posts (2)

• RWBYD20

RWBYD20 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33534693 - 9 months ago

I have shown this to RT at RTX as well as recently. From our last message it was ok to release a free play test as a fan game, and I hope that you all will enjoy our hard work!

------------

To Install the game to Tabletop Simulator simply click the link above and click Subscribe in Steam. This will add the game to your list of games you may host. As the game is updated/patched, it will automatically update for you when you join next.

------------

We are happy to announce that the RWBY Vytal Festival Tournament Online Testing Phase is now ready and available to play on Tabletop Simulator now! Come join us on Discord discord.gg/QAfMDK3 to find a game or talk about the game with others playing!

This game has been in development for well over a year, and has over 3000 hours worth of work in it. We have played it over and over and polished it since our first showing at RTX 2016.

We got to show it to Miles www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFFfckkClVU&t=16s as well as Kerry, Gray, Jen imgur.com/a/nTsIC and a whole ton of the community. Everyone was extremely supportive and pushed us to keep going forward.

We have.

The only problem was how do we get people to play a game that has this many pieces and get testing completed? The answer was quite simple: it had to be brought online.

------------

Since that time we have brought the game to Tabletop Simulator to allow for the most access, easiest development with the smallest barrier of entry possible. We do not charge anything to play our game, however a copy of Tabletop Simulator will be needed to play. We do not make any money off this game in any way, nor will we as RWBY is entirely owned by Rooster Teeth, and it is by their good graces (and awesome fanbase promotion) that they allow fan games like this to proliferate.

We have successfully play tested the game and created a video detailing the set up of the game.

to assist with understanding the game further.

You can view the rules for the game online https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByfUKW2gckNJYkpmc2xNeTJWMlU/view as well. 

------------------

The development team is made up of myself and one other. We combined have 40 years worth of gaming experience, including positions as an official Game Tester for some high profile games as well as a Magic Tournament Judge. The game is designed to be as straight forward to understand, but mechanically strong creating a dynamic strategy for the game.

We also have a strong emphasis on theme for this game. As such, each character is designed not only to perform actions you all will be familiar with, but also fight in a style you would expect of that character. You will feel like you are playing Ruby imgur.com/a/5sWHl, Weiss imgur.com/a/rbuFj, Blake imgur.com/a/jMq2H and Yang imgur.com/a/ffnKE and each deck is held together by their Semblance.

Also puns. Lots of puns.

------------

This is the first phase of testing, the Online Testing Phase. This is to test the quick game setup - the easiest way to play. Soon-after we will be releasing Phase 2: Mirror Mirror. 

Phases 3 & 4 From Shadows and I Burn are currently in development, but need time to release. Again, all of these will be completely free to play

------------

We are currently using card art from screenshots in show, however  this is only placeholder art. We want this to be a fan made game the whole way through and through. As such, we want to include fan art for each card. If you have art that would depict a card perfectly and would like to submit it for use we will give full artist credit to its use. As this game is not for sale I'm afraid we will not be able to pay for any art.

------------

Thank you all for your continued support and interest. I hope to see you online. I'll be online the RWBY Steam Group chat, RWBY Discord and the Vytal Festival Tournament Discord all day today. If you would like to play, contact me! Thanks again, and welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament!

• RWBYD20

RWBYD20 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33537535 - 8 months ago

We are now trending on Tabletop Simulators Workshop. 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/286160/workshop/

We are working hard and have already released the first content patch. More updates will be following in the upcoming weeks.

We are currently looking for an artist who would like to join the team to help streamline content releases. If interested contact us on twitter @RWBYD20 or email us  d20inad20@gmail.com

Thanks