Forums > RWBY

RWBY Vol. 4 Soundtrack?

Posts (32)

• Et678

Et678

#33500344 - 2 months ago

Just a tiny discussion board on any guesses if they'll have an acoustic song for the previous volume's opening music, what music it will have in general and what the release date might be, among other things!

• Akhaos

Akhaos FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33500450 - 2 months ago

Jeff confirmed via Facebook that he and Casey will take suggestions for an acoustic remake of any RWBY song. Any. Well, within reason of course. Currently, it's not confirmed which song it'll be, but now it's not certain that When It Falls will be continuing the acoustic tradition.

The music pieces that the Volume 4 soundtrack will definitely feature are Let's just Live, Like Morning Follows Night, This Life is Mine, Bad Luck Charm, and Armed and Ready. And whatever acoustic song chosen will also be featured. Beyond that, there is no confirmation of any additional songs being added. We can only hope that there will be an additional, unknown song that never made it into the actual Chapters, which has happened before (Boop for example).

The release date is also unknown. Some people have been assuming May, just like for Volume 3. However, this may not be the case, considering that Volume 3 was a very busy and difficult time for RT, hosting many production hindrances, alongside Monty's death the previous year. So... there is no telling; for all we know, Jeff could be ultra considerate and release it next month, in March.

• MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold EDH Master

#33500525 - 2 months ago

I just want to know when I can buy the DVD, when I can buy the OST, and when the fifth volume is scheduled to be released. All else is irrelevant.

• Stark98

Stark98

#33500645 - 2 months ago

An acoustic version of divide would be kind of cool to listen to, if not rather interesting. Or a second part to it, like they did with mirror mirror.

• CDSoundtrack

CDSoundtrack

#33501246 - 2 months ago

I believe Casey Lee Williams mentioned there was a small part to the ending song of the final episode (Before the credits and Armed and Ready) that sounded slightly like Cold. Perhaps that's a new song, and the full one will be on the OST?

• Akhaos

Akhaos FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33501345 - 2 months ago

@CDSoundtrack That is indeed a new song that will be in the soundtrack. I believe it was confirmed to be called "Home."

• Maverickx12

Maverickx12

#33501351 - 2 months ago

In reply to CDSoundtrack

If you listen closely to the song at the end during Ruby's monologue, it is a mix of many songs from previous soundtracks, each playing when the character the song is about is on screen. For instance, Cold plays when Jaune, Ren, and Nora are looking at Jaune's shield and a slow version of From Shadows plays when Blake holds up the flags (at least the blue one).

EDIT

Also the last part of that scene does indeed include the new song Home like Akhaos pointed out

• JustJaune

JustJaune

#33501916 - 2 months ago

In reply to MrAnarchist I can almost confirm same time as volume 4. It's confirmed for fall 2017.

• dredogx

dredogx FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33505796 - 2 months ago

In reply to Akhaos 

I would also add keep any eye on Casey's Twitter for updates, that's what Ive been doing. 

• Akhaos

#33505988 - 2 months ago

In reply to dredogx

Yeah, I've been doing that as well. She's very excited to see our reactions to the soundtrack, so I have no doubt that she'll keep us posted.

• whothcares

whothcares FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33506092 - 2 months ago

all i really want to see is when it falls acoustic just like the done with the other intro songs. 

• xXRedWolfXx

xXRedWolfXx FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33506147 - 2 months ago

Really wanna know when the soundtrack is comin. wanna listen to a few songs like bad luck charm for example. when its clear (no fight behind it)

• LokDondreko

LokDondreko

#33508197 - 2 months ago

I would like to see I May Fall done in acoustic. I can't wait to get clear and or full versions of the Volume 4 songs, it was a heck of a volume and did some huge leaps in world and character development. 

• MulberryFlower

MulberryFlower

#33514077 - 2 months ago

I May Fall would be AMAZING in an acoustic version!

• indoBOB666

indoBOB666

#33520441 - 1 month ago

all I'm asking for is the next acoustic version of the next intro song. Also From Shadows Part 2. 

• Ai_Kugeki

Ai_Kugeki

#33534324 - 1 month ago

I want Lusus Naturae to be an officially recognised RWBY song

• whothcares

whothcares FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33534346 - 1 month ago

In reply to Ai_Kugeki but it is though jeff williams himself made it and it shows up in tidbits thourgh out the volume 4

• ajsillystring

ajsillystring FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33558270 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Ai_Kugeki I agree. I love that song so much. I'd love to see it included in the volume 4 soundtrack as a bonus or something

• wreckitbob

wreckitbob FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33560089 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to MrAnarchist 

they have said volume 5 will be released this fall

• Jament

Jament FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33561448 - 2 weeks ago

I just want the soundtrack for bad luck charm 

• Dylan_Tews

Dylan_Tews FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33562486 - 2 weeks ago

I'm really anxious for the release of the Volume 4 soundtrack!

• Darkskills

Darkskills FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gorlin Goltz

#33563722 - 1 week ago

As it's been a month since this was created, is there any new official info? 

• Akhaos

#33564241 - 1 week ago

In reply to Darkskills I'm really sorry, but no. I've been keeping tabs on Casey's Twitter, Rooster Teeth's Twitter, and even Jeff's Facebook page to be on the lookout for any news. Sadly, there is none.

I don't believe that the release date will be in May, since that was the date for Volume 3's Soundtrack last year. But, if it is delayed, I sincerely doubt that it will be any later than early next month. Hold on, friend, we're getting closer.

• Darkskills

Darkskills FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gorlin Goltz

#33564493 - 1 week ago

In reply to Akhaos Thanks for that. Hopefully it's right around the corner, cause they normally stay off social media when they're working super hard. 

• raynaninja

raynaninja

#33568298 - 5 days ago

I'm not sure how legitimate this is, but today I saw a RWBY Volume 4 DVD ready for pre-order on Amazon.com.  

If the listed release date on Amazon.com of June 6th 2017 is real, then the Volume 4 Soundtrack will also be June 6th?  I think Volume 3's video and music products were released together last year in May.

I really want this soundtrack, so I'll be sad if we have to wait even longer than the beginning of May like last time.  disappointed