Forums > RWBY

Volume 5 Wants And Theories

Posts (197)

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33536444 - 6 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I was hoping that this sort of thing would happen in Vol 4 but sadly it didn't happen because they had more important things to attend to, mainly Qrow being poisoned.

But that doesn't mean that it won't happen the future. We know that Qrow knows more then he lets on.  I don't care how much sugar coat but he did lure Ruby out of Patch because he wanted her to go to Haven. He also played part in Pyrrha's downfall because there is no way that anyone in Pyrrha's shoes would be able to say "No. I won't become your Fall Maiden." He said that it was Pyrrha's choice but did she really have a choice? My answer to that is no.

I can see a situation in which Ruby will choose Qrow's judgement over Jaune in a serious situation. But other than that I'm out of ideas right now.

• OFJehuty

OFJehuty FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33536493 - 6 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I  have a feeling that Jaune and Ruby might have a fight about Qrow

What is your logic behind that?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33536854 - 6 months ago

In reply to OFJehuty

Mostly, the stuff Blue-Rose-89 said. But, I think that Jaune will still blame Qrow in part for Pyrrhas death and Ruby will try to defend Qrow, which is when Jaune will reveal that just before she died, Pyrrha kissed him. 

I saw the angry look Ruby gave Jaune after he said "your just a bundle of help". I think Jaune may let his grief put a strain on their friendship

• Garro

Garro

#33536858 - 6 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

And that's how my theory of Jaune turning to the dark side works. At some point in the 

series he's going to be so angry at all the lies and secrets that Qrow and Ozpin 

were keeping from RWBY and co, that it will take a mere push to send him 

on the path to darkness and retribution. 

• MisCon

MisCon

#33537238 - 6 months ago

In reply to Garro

I think it's possible, but unlikely. Unless they are saving his semblance for the very end (Bye, Dinobot!), Jaune can't turn to the dark side. His semblance triggered when he stood up for righteousness, ans well as defense of his teammate. No, Jaune can't turn to the dark side and actually use his semblance.

• Garro

Garro

#33537384 - 6 months ago

In reply to MisCon

True, but by then it wouldn't matter because he would have beaten  Salem by then and become the new

leader/herald of the Grimm. It's like in Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi : Dark Lords of the Sith, when Exar Kun is

healed by the dark side of the Force. He loses his light side powers, but gains more powerful dark side abilities 

as a result.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33537655 - 6 months ago

In reply to Garro

You misunderstand; I was speaking in a plot sense. They just can't forget about his semblance. He could ONLY turn to the dark side AFTER discovering his semblance, BUT, if he DID, then he'd be REALLY unlikely to join the Sith. Since the trigger has been when he stood up for justice, he probably won't trigger it again unless the same happens again. Meaning, it comes down to either his semblance, or the Dark Side.

• TheShermanator

TheShermanator

#33543469 - 6 months ago

Was wondering when this forum was going to show up.

What I want:

- More interesting Grimm

Ever since Volume One, the Grimm were always interesting to me. I wanted to learn about what they are and where they come from. When Grimm's WOR came out, I got some information, but it felt lacking.

I used to think that the Grimm were actually unbeatable.

I thought the Grimm were creatures that were a result of humanity's negative emotions as everyone experiences some kind of negative emotion every single second of their lives.

I felt that Grimm were more active in times of great conflict than in times of peace, but all of the minor negatives are what keeps them around. Certain types of emotions would then result in different kinds of Grimm.

In terms of "getting stronger with each survived battle" I would have added intelligence to that as well. Perhaps the older/OG Grimm could have some kind of communication or may be telepathic.

I wanted Grimm that lived underground, in the oceans, in caves, in deserts. I wanted to know how the environment affected them.

Volume 4 provided some answers, but I still want more.

- Dust

What is it about Dust that makes it so important?

Why is it so effective against Grimm?

Is it an infinite source? If not, what happens if it ran out?

The WOR mentioned that people can absorb Dust into their bodies. How does it work? What kind of effects occur? Do they gain the elemental effects? How would it affect their Semblance and Aura?

Can they be combined to create different elements?

Now that I think about it, since we have magic being a thing, is Dust a by-product of magic or is magic the result of people absorbing Dust?

- The Moon

Please give me information about it! I find it so interesting!

So I guess I just want more world building. Ideally in the actual episodes/chapters instead of the WOR, but beggars can't be choosers.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33544415 - 5 months ago

I still want to know why, if Jaune wanted to be a huntsmen so badly, why didn't he go to combat school?

• Splinted

Splinted

#33544530 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

A few things I can think of: his parents not wanting him to get hurt or killed so they didn't send him, his desire to be a hunter is a relatively new thing/ something changed to make him want to become one (death of a family member to grimm, something like that) or he just lived to far away from a city large enough to have a combat school that sending him to one was unfeasible and unlike Ruby or Yang his parents weren't able to train him themselves or afford private trainers like Weiss.  

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33545228 - 5 months ago

I've said this countless times before, & I'm saying it here: in Volume 5, Blake & Yang must pound Adam into hamburger meat. It's gonna happen, folks! Mark my words!

#TaurusBurgers

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33545402 - 5 months ago

When it comes to the council of evil I want Watts to be a non-combatant because he's considers himself "too smart" to fight. He's someone who will manipulate others to fight for him.

• StarboltView

StarboltView FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33558098 - 5 months ago

I have a simple wish for season five, one very simple one which none of you have mentioned. Sun is off in Menagerie, we know this, but all us seem to be rather blissfully ignorant of the fact that he has three team mates, called Neptune, Scarlet and Sage, who have been stated to have, quote on quote "flew back to Mistral". Between them they make Team SSSN, a team I've certainly been led to believe are to have a prominent role.

Yet so far, from a fighting stand point, all I've currently seen has been Neptune stabbing a mech, and sticking his trident in some water, Scarlet being Nutshot (granted he did some swashbuckling too), and Sage becoming airborne on two separate occasions, whilst also holding a sword.

These three NEED a proper fight, not a slapstick mess. Sun, for what he's able to do, is currently dominating over them in fighting ability. His teammates, Sage in particular, are characters I want to see more of, and right now they've had barely any screen time, let alone stuff that showcases their ability.

We're going to be at Haven next volume, SSN is presently at Haven. There is no excuse, not even for convenience's sake, not to give them time. Come on my people, I don't want to work for you for no reason!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33558303 - 5 months ago

In reply to StarboltView

It's possible

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33558311 - 5 months ago

In reply to StarboltView

I have my fingers cross for Sage and Scarlet to be in RWBY Chibi.

I agree that Sun's team should have more of a role this season since RNJR is now in Mistral City. Even if they don't fight maybe they can do some sleuthing on Lionheart if they suspect him to be a traitor (Lionheart being a red herring is a possibility that shouldn't be ruled out).

• Maverickx12

Maverickx12

#33578590 - 4 months ago

In reply to TheShermanator

You should check out this post about the moon and a little about dust. 

http://roosterteeth.com/forum/rwby/topic/3284260

- Dust

What is it about Dust that makes it so important?

Why is it so effective against Grimm?

Is it an infinite source? If not, what happens if it ran out?

The WOR mentioned that people can absorb Dust into their bodies. How does it work? What kind of effects occur? Do they gain the elemental effects? How would it affect their Semblance and Aura?

Can they be combined to create different elements?

Now that I think about it, since we have magic being a thing, is Dust a by-product of magic or is magic the result of people absorbing Dust?

- The Moon

Please give me information about it! I find it so interesting!

• PaulHikari

PaulHikari

#33578613 - 4 months ago

So, here's my list of wants for Volume 5.

- Cinder betrays Mercury and Emerald, causing them to leave
    - Neptune guides RNJR through Mistral
    - Jaune meets the Nikos family
    - Sun reveals why he wants to be a huntsman
    - Sun and Blake are kicked out of a public establishment
    - Ruby runs into Weiss
    This happens
    - Weiss looks for Winter
    - Yang runs into Raven
    - Word gets out in Atlas that Weiss is missing
    - Ironwood's politics start backfiring
    - Blake meets Sienna and shows Sun as an example that humans and faunus can live in peace
    - Weiss gives Neptune another chance
    - Sage and Scarlet play Grif and Simmons
    - Sun and Blake vs. Adam
    This happens
    - Battle of Haven
    - Penny 2.0
    - Team RWBY reunion

- All of the inter-team RWBY ships get sunk
    - Renora kiss
    - Begin journey to Atlas

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33578661 - 4 months ago

In reply to PaulHikari

Nice list, you forgot Jaunes semblance though

• PaulHikari

PaulHikari

#33578764 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

That's kind of a given, so I didn't feel the need to put it down.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33579296 - 4 months ago

In reply to PaulHikari

Fair enough

• HeatherFeatherBed

HeatherFeatherBed

#33579515 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Okay well strap in cause its a long one. Here is my theory on our own Nora Valkyrie. This is only a theory but I think it could be possible that Nora could have a personal connection to the Spring Maiden. 

Everyone is speculating that the Grimm followed Nora to Ren's village. I do agree but it just seems odd. These were big time Grim the likes that they had never seen it seemed. Shouldn't they have been able to catch her long before she made it to the village? It made me start thinking what if they weren't following Nora...what if they were hunting her? That's when I started thinking on reasons why and thus I came to the conclusion that Nora could have a possible connection to the Spring Maiden.

I've seen people speculate on the personalities of the Maidens and most when discussing Spring speak of rejuvenation and expect a tranquil person. But it was Glynda who said "No two seasons are alike", this also reflects on the maidens cause it is true. I've lived through sunny winters and cloudy summers. And there's another aspect of Spring that people haven't thought of. And that's the Spring Storms.

Springtime is one of the most unpredictable seasons along with Fall, because of the transition from cold to heat and vice versa. Spring is a time that pretty much guarantee's at least ONE Thunder Storm. And pray tell what is Nora's semblance? Enhanced strength through charging electricity into her muscles. 

Now I'm not saying Nora is the Spring Maiden, more like possible foreshadowing, but it is what leads me to my overall thought. Upon this I did some digging on Nora's past life, Thor, and found quite some interesting stuff. It turns out Thor has three half siblings. 

Now I know there are some who are hoping someone akin to Loki might come as Nora's long lost sibling. But if Rooster Teeth truly did their homework then I'm afraid that won't come to pass. Cause Loki is NOT Thor's brother. Hell in Norse Mythology Loki is OLDER then Odin, he's not an adopted son and he and Thor have little to do with each other save when Loki shaved, Thor's wife's head. Nope Loki is just a random douchebag, not a conniving genius like Marvel painted him to be.  

Instead Thor's siblings are a set of triplets. Holdr, Baldr, and Bragir. Baldr was a beloved God by all but when a prophecy declared his death, his mother the Goddess Frigg (or Freya mythologist believe the two are so similar they could be the same), gathered every object in the cosmos and made them swear not to harm Baldr. The Gods were overjoyed and found a new past time, throw shit at Baldr and watch it break.

However remember Loki and how's he a douche? Well he asked Frigg "so everything swore not to hurt him", and she replied, "Everything but mistletoe its so small and innocent that there isn't any way it would harm anybody".

With this new information Loki went to Baldr's brother Holdr who was unable to participate in their favorite game cause he was blind. So Loki being "helpful" said "hey pal I'll help you play, draw an arrow and I'll guide it", all the while attaching some mistletoe to the arrow and forcing Holdr to kill his own brother.

The Gods were so distraught that some stories say they killed Holdr right on the spot. 

Another thing to note is that Frigg is Thor's step-mother, his mother was the very carnation of the earth itself by the name of Joro. Thor seems to get along with his step-mother considering he cross dressed for her (though it was also to get his hammer back). 

So how can this translate towards RWBY? 

Well so far my headcannon is that Nora and her family were a traveling pack of warriors, almost like gypsy's, that belonged to no kingdom. Given the surname Valkyrie, in mythology the Valkyrie's depicted who lived and died in battle and who went where. Anyway I also think that Nora's family was similar to Ruby's and Yang's. Her dad remarried, through divorce, mom passing away, or mother left on her own accord. 

Nora had a pair of twins as siblings one of which was blind and thus could not participate in the same training as Nora and the other sibling. They would fight off Grim as hired hands for those that needed them. Until a challenge too big struck and they were attacked. Sent by Salem because Nora's own mother was the Spring Maiden. 

Yes I believe her mother was the Spring Maiden be it step-mother or biological it could go either way given Joro is the very earth itself, and Frigg was a goddess of magic and fertility. Salem's intentions were to kill the Spring Maiden but not the children. After all in the time of death a mother would most likely first think of her children so it would be assumed that the power of the spring maiden would go into one of them. From there it'd be easier to take the power or to manipulate the child into a pawn for her own whims. 

However something went wrong the Grim got to careless and Nora was separated from her family as she struggled to find safety. Thus the Grimm hunted her and her siblings down but I feel that her siblings were taken in by Raven and her clan given it seems Raven knows who the Spring Maiden is. 

Unable to find Nora or her siblings Salem assumed they perished. And that the power of the Spring Maiden was sent to someone random thus why she doesn't know where the maiden is feeling the quest had to start all over. 

Again this is all just a headcannon but if any of it does come to fruition I feel the twin representing Baldr will be the new Spring Maiden. And then the one as Holdr will be manipulated to kill her own sister in an attempt to get the power, from there perhaps Nora intervenes and could become the new Spring Maiden herself and bring a hurricane down on all her enemies! 

But eh at least that's what I came up with, Rooster Teeth could have something better. 

• Maverickx12

Maverickx12

#33579664 - 4 months ago

it's  a good idea honestly i think none of it goes against anything canon. The only issue I take is that it implies Nora knew about the maidens and all that the whole time, but she seemed as surprised as anyone when Qrow's told RNJR about everything. I think it works Betternet if Nora never knew her mom was the Spring Maiden because either this all happened when She was too young or her mom never told any of her children. 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33579902 - 4 months ago

In reply to HeatherFeatherBed

You really put a lot of thought in that

• Splinted

Splinted

#33580025 - 4 months ago

Border-line crack theory time( all evidence is iffy at best and a lot of assumptions are made). Raven Brandwen is Sienna Khan. Being that we know nothing about Khan, I will pull mostly from Qrow and Raven's little chat.

The tribe that raised Qrow and Raven was or became part of the White Fang, with Qrow's and assumedly Raven's shape-shifting abilities as their faunus traits( some form of pure-blood faunus trait as opposed to mixed-blood resulting in only a single trait maybe?). The tribe they were from, and Raven in particular, was always supporters of more violent methods than the original White Fang was using, and Raven left Taiyang to start or support the coup that would eventually oust the Belladonna's as leaders, with Raven changing her name to Sienna Khan separate herself from her time at Beacon( and hide that one time she had a kid with a human) as it could be something she doesn't want her human-hating comrades to know, while taking charge relatively recently.

As I said before, evidence iffy but here's what I got:

1) When Qrow describes their tribe as "killers and thieves" and with the attack on Chion? many people assume that they are simple bandits but "killers and thieves" is also a good description of the White Fang these days.

2) When talking about her new leadership position, Raven refers to her group as "our people" which to me sounds like a much larger and more unified than a group of bandits who presumably raid towns for supplies. The term "our people" seems more like she's referring to an entire people group as opposed to just a group of people.

3)  Raven's Grimm mask. The mask is such an obvious connection to the White Fang, the only way for it not to be would be that, for what ever reason, she's coping the WF, they're coping her or it's just         coincidence that they both wear Grimm masks and they have no relation to each other which would be a rather poor choice on RT's part. Also note on the WF masks, the higher the rank of the individual, the more detailed and ornate the mask as a way of displaying said rank and with Raven being the leader, having the biggest and baddest mask would make sense.

But what I like most about this theory is how it works into the show as a whole. For one, if Qrow is correct in his accusations that Raven has a maiden under her thumb, it would mean that the WF has control of a maiden, the same WF that that Salem is trying to ally herself with. More importantly, it could severely impact Yang and Blake's arc over the volume, here's what I came up with:

Blake know's Raven but only as Sienna Khan due to her time in the WF. She also knows that not only is Raven largely responsible for causing her father to step down as leader of the WF but also as Adam's mentor (or mother if you want to believe that  theory) and the one who started him on and encouraged his dark nature. She doesn't know she's Yang's mother.

Yang, at the start of vol. 5, suffers from a severe PTSD episode, (just because she's out of her depression doesn't mean the PTSD is gone) possibly due to being in her first real fight sense Beacon, leaving her in a very vulnerable emotional state. Raven, who has been keeping tabs on Yang, decides now is the best time to visit her daughter and offers to train her and make her strong. Yang, who is tired of feeling weak and helpless due to her PTSD combined with the bombshell of meeting her mother for the first time on top of everything else she's going through, accepts without thought. Raven, of course, has less than charitable motives.

Through-out the volume, we see Blake come to Mistral in her fight against the WF while Raven train Yang while intentionally pushing Yang to be more like herself by encouraging her anger or eroding away what trust she has in other people, particularly in her team while never reveling that she's the leader of the WF. Over the course of the volume, we see that Raven has been at partially successful. I don't mean that Yang's casually murdering people by the end of the volume, but more Yang's still hurting from the Fall of Beacon and under her mothers influence she's starting to lash out violently, particularly at things that can or have hurt her. 

Then we get to the season finally. Blake's war against the WF has gone poorly and she ends up in a losing battle against Adam alone, is beaten and is about to be captured or killed. But before Adam can do either, Raven, who has been watching them both, portals in, interrupting what Adam was doing. Both recognize her as Sienna Khan, but she quickly silences them and says she disproves of Adam's alliance with Salem and/or his obsession with Blake, saying it makes him weak. Shortly after Yang also steps out of the portal, also wearing a full Grimm mask similar to Ravens while looking very different from the last time Blake saw her, and immediately focuses all of her attention on Adam, missing Blake entirely. Blake also doesn't recognize Yang either. Raven then tells Yang she needs to kill Adam to prove her strength while Adam needs to kill Yang to get back in Raven's good graces. And while Yang has yet to kill anyone, she and Adam immediately jump into battle.  Blake tries to use this distraction to escape, still unaware of Yang, but is stopped by Raven and they begin to talk while Adam and Yang continue to fight. Due to her training, Yang soon gets the upper-hand and has Adam at her mercy and looks ready to kill him but hesitates, as she still hasn't killed before. At this point, Raven intentionally reveals that she is Yang's mother and Blake is terrified by this as she finally recognizes Yang. Blake rushes over to Yang to try and talk her down from killing Adam and to stop her from following down the same path. Yang is understandably quite angry at Blake and a verbal fight brakes out between the two and Blake sees first had just how much her running away has hurt Yang. Over the course  of the argument, it becomes clear that Yang is going to side with Blake so Raven uses the distraction to attack and cripple Yang, intent on taking her back for more "training". Blake tries to defend Yang but clearly has no chance to win. Raven then offers Blake a choice; stay and die or run and live, believing she will run. Blake stays. Yang, not wanting her friend to die, begs her to leave. Blake stays. Raven then attacks and severely injures Blake. This doesn't sit well with Yang of course, who is able to drive her mother back in a rage fuled attack. Raven decides she's had enough and that Yang is a lost cause so she just leaves, taking Adam with her, leaving Yang alone with an injured Blake.

With this ending we get a Yang/Blake reunion, a perfect Bumblebee set up (if you ship it), Blake's done runnuing away and while Yang still has some issues to work out, she no longer has to go it alone. She also might have run into the Spring maiden in her time with Raven too. 

Man, that turned out a lot longer than I expected.

• HeatherFeatherBed

HeatherFeatherBed

#33580278 - 4 months ago

In reply to Maverickx12 Right I figure that as much too, if Nora and her family have elemental semblances to begin with should her mother be the spring maiden Nora could have just assumed it was her mothers semblance. I would imagine they would keep the information secret even from their kids till they were older to begin with. ^^