Forums > RWBY

Volume 5 Wants And Theories

Posts (137)

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33536444 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I was hoping that this sort of thing would happen in Vol 4 but sadly it didn't happen because they had more important things to attend to, mainly Qrow being poisoned.

But that doesn't mean that it won't happen the future. We know that Qrow knows more then he lets on.  I don't care how much sugar coat but he did lure Ruby out of Patch because he wanted her to go to Haven. He also played part in Pyrrha's downfall because there is no way that anyone in Pyrrha's shoes would be able to say "No. I won't become your Fall Maiden." He said that it was Pyrrha's choice but did she really have a choice? My answer to that is no.

I can see a situation in which Ruby will choose Qrow's judgement over Jaune in a serious situation. But other than that I'm out of ideas right now.

• OFJehuty

OFJehuty FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33536493 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I  have a feeling that Jaune and Ruby might have a fight about Qrow

What is your logic behind that?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33536854 - 1 week ago

In reply to OFJehuty

Mostly, the stuff Blue-Rose-89 said. But, I think that Jaune will still blame Qrow in part for Pyrrhas death and Ruby will try to defend Qrow, which is when Jaune will reveal that just before she died, Pyrrha kissed him. 

I saw the angry look Ruby gave Jaune after he said "your just a bundle of help". I think Jaune may let his grief put a strain on their friendship

• Garro

Garro

#33536858 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

And that's how my theory of Jaune turning to the dark side works. At some point in the 

series he's going to be so angry at all the lies and secrets that Qrow and Ozpin 

were keeping from RWBY and co, that it will take a mere push to send him 

on the path to darkness and retribution. 

• MisCon

MisCon

#33537238 - 1 week ago

In reply to Garro

I think it's possible, but unlikely. Unless they are saving his semblance for the very end (Bye, Dinobot!), Jaune can't turn to the dark side. His semblance triggered when he stood up for righteousness, ans well as defense of his teammate. No, Jaune can't turn to the dark side and actually use his semblance.

• Garro

Garro

#33537384 - 1 week ago

In reply to MisCon

True, but by then it wouldn't matter because he would have beaten  Salem by then and become the new

leader/herald of the Grimm. It's like in Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi : Dark Lords of the Sith, when Exar Kun is

healed by the dark side of the Force. He loses his light side powers, but gains more powerful dark side abilities 

as a result.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33537655 - 1 week ago

In reply to Garro

You misunderstand; I was speaking in a plot sense. They just can't forget about his semblance. He could ONLY turn to the dark side AFTER discovering his semblance, BUT, if he DID, then he'd be REALLY unlikely to join the Sith. Since the trigger has been when he stood up for justice, he probably won't trigger it again unless the same happens again. Meaning, it comes down to either his semblance, or the Dark Side.

• TheShermanator

TheShermanator

#33543469 - 5 days ago

Was wondering when this forum was going to show up.

What I want:

- More interesting Grimm

Ever since Volume One, the Grimm were always interesting to me. I wanted to learn about what they are and where they come from. When Grimm's WOR came out, I got some information, but it felt lacking.

I used to think that the Grimm were actually unbeatable.

I thought the Grimm were creatures that were a result of humanity's negative emotions as everyone experiences some kind of negative emotion every single second of their lives.

I felt that Grimm were more active in times of great conflict than in times of peace, but all of the minor negatives are what keeps them around. Certain types of emotions would then result in different kinds of Grimm.

In terms of "getting stronger with each survived battle" I would have added intelligence to that as well. Perhaps the older/OG Grimm could have some kind of communication or may be telepathic.

I wanted Grimm that lived underground, in the oceans, in caves, in deserts. I wanted to know how the environment affected them.

Volume 4 provided some answers, but I still want more.

- Dust

What is it about Dust that makes it so important?

Why is it so effective against Grimm?

Is it an infinite source? If not, what happens if it ran out?

The WOR mentioned that people can absorb Dust into their bodies. How does it work? What kind of effects occur? Do they gain the elemental effects? How would it affect their Semblance and Aura?

Can they be combined to create different elements?

Now that I think about it, since we have magic being a thing, is Dust a by-product of magic or is magic the result of people absorbing Dust?

- The Moon

Please give me information about it! I find it so interesting!

So I guess I just want more world building. Ideally in the actual episodes/chapters instead of the WOR, but beggars can't be choosers.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33544415 - 4 days ago

I still want to know why, if Jaune wanted to be a huntsmen so badly, why didn't he go to combat school?

• Splinted

Splinted

#33544530 - 4 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01

A few things I can think of: his parents not wanting him to get hurt or killed so they didn't send him, his desire to be a hunter is a relatively new thing/ something changed to make him want to become one (death of a family member to grimm, something like that) or he just lived to far away from a city large enough to have a combat school that sending him to one was unfeasible and unlike Ruby or Yang his parents weren't able to train him themselves or afford private trainers like Weiss.  

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Bumblebee Battle King

#33545228 - 4 days ago

I've said this countless times before, & I'm saying it here: in Volume 5, Blake & Yang must pound Adam into hamburger meat. It's gonna happen, folks! Mark my words!

#TaurusBurgers

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33545402 - 3 days ago

When it comes to the council of evil I want Watts to be a non-combatant because he's considers himself "too smart" to fight. He's someone who will manipulate others to fight for him.