Forums > RWBY

RWBY Fan Discussions - Meet Other RWBY Fans

Posts (1813)

• Jianju

Jianju FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold See ya next fall :)

#33305682 - 6 months ago

This thread is intended for any and all people interested in RWBY to talk to other RWBY fans about anything, especially (but not limited to) RWBY.  The idea is to build camaraderie in the RWBY fandom, network, and share thoughts about RWBY.  With that in mind, all I ask is that you be respectful of others and stick to the main forum rules.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33305924 - 6 months ago

I think I'll start things off with a simple question: how did you get into RWBY? Personally, I didn't get into it until I saw copies of Volume 1 at my local Walmart store. I took one look at the cover art & was quite intrigued. It looked like anime, & I always enjoy a good anime series. So I bought a copy for myself & marathoned through the whole volume. I loved what I saw & was hooked ever since. What impressed me the most about this series was the fact that it was all the brainchild of Monty Oum, a man with so much creativity & a lot of love for video game & anime culture. You could tell his work on the series, especially involving the fight scenes, was a labor of love that he wanted to share with everyone. I'm glad I'm a part of the fandom that honors & cherishes his work long after he has passed away.

crown sunglasses heart ruby weiss blake yang

• The_only_one

The_only_one

#33305931 - 6 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

I watched the death battle between Yang and Tifa,

after that I wanted to know more about the world where everyting was a gun and now I am here. 

• ajdrake4

ajdrake4 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33305933 - 6 months ago

I became a fan of Ruby because I was already a fan of Red vs. Blue, but had stopped watching it after the Blood Gulch chronicles. Then one of my friends posted a clip of one of the fight scenes that Monty Oum had animated, and I thought it was one of the most entertaining fight scenes I had ever seen. Needless to say I cought up on RvB, and checked Monty's other creations like Haloid and Dead Fantasy. Then I stopped paying attention to Rooster Teeth for a while, until Death Battle did Yang vs Tifa, and being a Final Fantasy VII fan, I checked it out. I was shocked when Tifa lost, but rather than get angry about it, I decided to check out RWBY. Been a fan ever since, though I'd stopped watching for a time (I have a bad habit of doing that) but just recently came back and finished volume 3. Those last few episodes were a hell of a gut punch (and this coming from an avid Game of Thrones fan) but it has really made me more interested in where the story will go, now that they have left the high school setting behind.

• Snowyamur

Snowyamur Founder of the RDDT

#33306002 - 6 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

One of my friends introduced me to the Red Trailer that Monty made himself, and after finishing it and pondering about it, I thought this might be an anime keeping up with. Very creative, action is very cool, and it balances action and drama like juggling bowling pins. There isn't too much action to isolate the plot from the entire piece, and there isn't too much drama to make it horrendously scarring.

So, I'm a huge RWBY fan, and I've been establishing RWBY OC (Original Creation) characters due to my great interest in the anime. Compared to other animes, this one is incredibly creative, heavily driven, and each and every character that is important has meaning and is introduced incredibly well.

If anything, I wish I can contribute to establishing it, but I don't work at RT and there is no creative database for stuff like this, so unfortunately I cannot. However, still strong for RWBY, it is my most favored anime.

• Jianju

Jianju FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold See ya next fall :)

#33306016 - 6 months ago

My name is Marisa, and I'm a RWBY-holic.  My first hit was when I was house-sitting for my sister and had finished all the episodes of The Arrow... I needed something else and surfed Netflix and saw RWBY and binged 2 volumes in 2 days.  Mid-first volume, it was already my new favorite anime of all-time!  Then a co-worker told me Pyrrha died... then I watched volume 3 on YouTube, then I found out about Rooster Teeth being a community and joined.  

• Snowyamur

#33306019 - 6 months ago

In reply to jobreneman

Ever wanted an anime where swords had guns?

YES! This anime has it all, and the weapons are badass.

• TripleTaco

TripleTaco FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Drop Bears are real

#33306610 - 6 months ago

I actually had know about RWBY since it came out and I never watched it but in about March or April I had suffered a major injury and being about of sports gave me more free time so I decided to watch RWBY and I have been hooked ever since. I have only re-watched it a lot since then.

• Jianju

#33306622 - 6 months ago

In reply to TripleTaco

A sports injury... what sport(s) do you play/like?

• Jianju

#33306625 - 6 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

Thanks for the icebreaker question Rex!  It's a great idea  sunglasses

• TripleTaco

TripleTaco FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Drop Bears are real

#33306628 - 6 months ago

In reply to Marisa_K

I play rugby league, basketball, track and field (but mainly sprints) but the injury occurred in rugby league.

But what about you?

• The_only_one

The_only_one

#33306639 - 6 months ago

In reply to TripleTaco

If I may insert myself into this conversation, I play field hockey.

• TripleTaco

#33306645 - 6 months ago

In reply to jobreneman

You may, I've never really played field hockey, what is it like?

• The_only_one

The_only_one

#33306648 - 6 months ago

In reply to TripleTaco

Think football (soccer), but quicker and shorter burst of reflexes.

• TripleTaco

#33306659 - 6 months ago

In reply to jobreneman

OMG YESSSS you called it football not soccer

• Jianju

#33306662 - 6 months ago

In reply to TripleTaco

I've never played Rugby, is it anything like American football?  Basketball and track and field are cool, I loved the long jump.  Hope your injury gets better soon!

I don't really play much sports, but I do like running, swimming, biking, basketball, American football, rock climbing, pilates, martial arts, dance, Dance Dance Revolution, volleyball, ice-skating, roller-skating, and hiking.  

I played girls' flag football (American football) in high school.  They made me a line backer because I'm strong compared to some girls.  But these days I only play basketball or volleyball with friends on occasion.

• TripleTaco

#33306677 - 6 months ago

In reply to Marisa_K

It's sort of like American football but it's a lot more fast paced with the constant battering of bodies with little to no padding, with the defenders only allowed to tackle the man with the ball, there is also a lot less players on the teams with there being two types there are 13 people on the field and 4 interchanges in rugby league (which is the one I play) and rugby union where there is 15 people on the field and 8 interchanges (there are more differences as well but i don't want to make this too long). I don't know to much about rugby union but in rugby league you are also only allowed to substitute players a certain amount of times which is 10. (sorry for the long explanation i probably left some stuff out)

I really enjoy the long jump but I love the triple jump and the sprints 100m, 200m, 400m and 4 x 100m relay.

And thanks I am recovering from my injury now but it could be a few more months

• BJKittens

BJKittens FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33306833 - 6 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

My brother had been recomending RWBY to me as a great anime for about a year before I started to watch it. (My siblings had gotten me into anime before and I started watching in earnest about three years ago.) I binged it just in time for Volume 3 to start and was instantly hooked. After I caught up was when I started to look into other Rooster Teeth shows. (I had seen bits off early RvB, but not really anything else.) And about a week ago I started geting involved with the community.

• BJKittens

BJKittens FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33306837 - 6 months ago

Jumping into the sports convo, I really enjoy sailing. I watch football too, (GO TIGERS!) but sailing is pretty fun. Also, nobody really argues much about who to root for during the America's Cup, since everybody just roots for the one or two crews present from their country.

Edit: Gonna specify that I mean American football not association football (soccer).

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33306941 - 6 months ago

In reply to Marisa_K

You're welcome.

blush

In reply to TripleTaco

Not to sound like a jerk, but wouldn't it be better if you call it futbol instead of football? It'd be less confusing, since there's a big difference between futbol (soccer) & football. I'm just sayin'.

• Jianju

#33307027 - 6 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

Which begs the question, why do they call American football "football" when they mostly throw and catch the ball rather than kick it around like they do in football (soccer)?  Maybe Grab and Run Ball would sound stupid.  I also looked it up and soccer is the shortened form of Association football + er.  Also, American football is called football because it has its origins in rugby football. So basically, American football should be called 'Merican Rugby Football, and Soccer should be called Association football.  Bet this would be easier to sort out in Chinese, their characters have meaning.

In reply to user-57ef381e2856c

Who is your favorite RWBY character, and what other anime do you like?

In reply to TripleTaco

Rugby sounds fun, and I would love to see the characters of RWBY play a sport like that ;)

It also would seem to me that it would prove awkward to play with both sexes.  I bet Nora would make sure Ren is on the other team so she could tackle him...  ren nora   

• BJKittens

#33307080 - 6 months ago

In reply to Marisa_K

Don't make me choose a favorite. I find that to be nigh impossible.

And as far as what anime I like:

Death Note

Soul Eater

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Attack on Titan

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Blue Exorcist

One Punch Man

Gurren Laggan

Durarara

Fate/Stay Night(I never watched much of Zero)

Lupin III

and really most of the anime that I've watched, this is just what I could come up with off the top of my head.

• Jianju

#33307102 - 6 months ago

Nice list, have you seen Gunsmith Cats?  Might wanna check that out too.

• TripleTaco

#33307210 - 6 months ago

RWBY and Attack on Titan is my favourite anime 

In reply to Marisa_K

It would be awesome if they did something like that with Ruby zipping through the players and Blake making a clone and Yang crashes through it. But there is actually mixed Rugby and yes Nora the would make sure Ren is on the other team 

In reply to RexFrost

The thing is in most parts of the world  it is called football but the US calls it soccer and Australia just can't make up its mind and the thing is I was raised on calling it football

• Snowyamur

#33307245 - 6 months ago

It makes me happy to see all this activity in the RWBY fan thread. GO RWBY!