Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos Appreciation Thread

Posts (480)

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33286603 - 7 months ago

pyrrha_nikos_by_infinote-d9ry0ac.png

Greetings, fellow RWBY fans! This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of everyone's favorite Invincible Girl (or "formerly" invincible, I should say), Pyrrha Nikos. Feel free to share your thoughts & your favorite quotes & images featuring Team JNPR's very own Polarity-Powered Powerhouse. Just remember to keep it civil here, folks. No hating allowed. Otherwise, Pyrrha will "seriously break your legs."

As always, let the appreciation begin!

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold He who is found yet lost

#33286625 - 7 months ago

9.9.16lolololol what is fashin

http://jo3mm.tumblr.com/

Never forget.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33286709 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

*takes off hat* Never.

Good to see some love for P-Monis, after what's happened.

• AlphaPotato1

AlphaPotato1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33286948 - 7 months ago

Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!

Pyrrha - 2013.

A good line from v1.

• Burning_Zero

Burning_Zero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gunpla is Freedom!

#33289955 - 7 months ago

Here's was my GWBC(gunpla world builders championship) 2016 Australian nationals entry:

http://georgefah.deviantart.co...

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33290618 - 7 months ago

In reply to Burning_Zero

That's a pretty good design, dude. I'm sure Pyrrha would've approved.

pyrrha-32.png 

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33291919 - 7 months ago

Ah Pyrrha... she never really did know when to use Milo's sniper rifle mode.

Honestly, wouldn't that have been the better alternative at the end of Vol. 3? Just picking Cinder off from a distance.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold He who is found yet lost

#33291920 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Ruby tried in episode 1 and later in Dance Cinder no sold it. 

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33291925 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

That's with conscious deflection- realizing the bullets are headed your way. 

If Pyrrha fired from a distance, she could cloak her muzzle flash with a simple bug screen or screen door over a window, and at the right distance, her muzzle flash would look like some random twinkle in the distance amidst the chaos. Also, from that distance, there's no way Cinder would hear the shot.

From the effective range of a marksman rifle or sniper rifle, Pyrrha would have had the advantage.

• revanninja

#33291933 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

No that isnt Conscious Deflection 

Amber is able to do it as well. and she doesnt even use her hands.

My personal theory is Maidens can sense Dust hence they can block it.

We arent shown in ANY shape or form your idea will work but we are shown pretty clear Cinder and Amber blocking.

Could your idea work? Maybe but there is a big problem with it.

Cinder is able to block at point blank range.

There is no reacting in that range. By the time Sound and Light has hit your senses the round has already torn through you and traveled a fair distance. 

Yet Cinder is able to block it.

So supernatural effect is going on so your idea probably not going to work and has been SHOWN not to work.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33291942 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

At nearly point blank range, you can tell where the shot will likely be coming from. At 500-800 meters, you can't. If the dust-sensing is actually an aspect of her powers, then you're right, it wouldn't work. If not, and it's just that they have crazy fast reflexes (since transmission of coherent information isn't instantaneous, thus giving time for reflexes to become a factor), then maybe this could've worked.

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33291947 - 7 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

You know funnily enough, that's the picture I used when I tried to make a Fallen Character Support thread.

Also, I've started a Grimm Pyrrha Theory thread and I feel that is relebant to the conversation.

Link: http://www.roosterteeth.com/fo...

• revanninja

#33291953 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Speaking as someone who has grown up around guns NO YOU CANT.

Seriously no.

You can see where the gun is pointed via the arm but a bullet is a SMALL object traveling at sub to supersonic speeds that 100% would not work.At 3 to 4 feet away you are not going to be able to figure out the direction the bullet is going outside of a rough area which is NOT enough to block it.

Also Cinder blocked Ruby on a Bullhead while Ruby was on a rooftop far enough away all she would be able to tell is Ruby is pointing her gun at her. So again SHOW breaks your argument.

1101_Ruby_Rose_09997.png

This is the distance involved seeing a prescion attack and blocking it? Not likely.

She also doesnt even try when she does block

V2_07_00039.png

Her arm is too casual for that. Accepting the kinetic energy of a bullet like that would BREAK your arm.

We are also never shown Cinder responding with the speed needed for her to block in her normal attacks or movements.

She also does not do it until she gets the Maiden powers and we are shown amber doing it more or less the same way and emerald when she is shooting at her is far enough away your argument breaks BADLY.

I am sorry but its shown in the show what you are trying to say just wouldnt work the Maidens are doing something supernatural.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33291975 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

About seeing the bullet, that's not what I meant. You can see the gun pointed at you, thus you are more prepared to respond to a shot from that weapon in that given direction. This isn't the Matrix- they're not looking at the bullet as it goes by.

So maybe they can sense the bullet, but does that mean they can't be caught off-guard? When you know something's coming at you from a direction you're at least somewhat aware of, wouldn't you respond faster than if you didn't know something was headed your way from an unknown direction until the last moment when you finally notice it?

• revanninja

#33291987 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

And I didn't mean the matrix either.

Bullet speed STILL renders your argument into shreds.

You CAN'T react in time so only supernatural is the answer.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33291992 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Exactly, supernatural explains the ability to react to bullets, but it's easier to react when you sense a precursor (a weapon pointed your way, then a muzzle flash, and a supernatural stimulus). If you sense something headed your way, but you only have a broad idea of where it is, then you can still have those powers and be caught off-guard.

Okay, admittedly I might be yapping about nothing, but there's also the chance that this is plausible. Since we keep arriving at different answers, let's not clog up this thread and assume the answer to this argument is like a quantum state (until further notice)- while unobserved, both of us are right and wrong at the same time; if we delve further into it, we'll get different answers based on what we're looking for, and that information will be true or untrue based on new conclusions.

• revanninja

#33292038 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

I will agree to disagree but I think the shows MULTIPLE examples don't do your argument any favors.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33292064 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Okay, show logic vs. science logic, show logic probably wins. And hell, Pyrrha was slated to die from the start (allegedly), so does this argument really matter?

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33292073 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

We know she was meant to die early. Whether she's supposed to stay dead is another question.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33292090 - 7 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

I'm hoping the answer to that question is no, but the future of the rest of team JNPR is potentially at risk. Would it be worth it to bring her back if they die off?

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DingleDong

#33292103 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

No probably not. I really hope they don't it though because a lot of people including myself like team JNPR over RWBY and having them die would be a huge part of the investment for me gone. It would be like killing off either the Reds or the Blue's a lot of people are fans to one specific side and to lose all of one team would...probably suck for the people who really like that specific team.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33292119 - 7 months ago

You know, the more I think about Pyrrha's death, the less it really makes sense without considering her to be a plot device dressed as a character.

Seriously, it's practically meme material.

Only character with leg armor.

Gets shot in the leg and dies.

Edit: I should probably stop being so condescending towards this character's choices and story, etc, etc. Just a little peeved that my favorite's out for the count (thus far).

• SAmaster

#33292146 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

If anything I think you should be more peeved. It's the fault of the writers not the character.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33292353 - 7 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

That had to be a nod to Achilles' death, regardless of whether it made sense at the moment or not. 

And besides, P-Monis' rifle is low caliber (I'm thinking it similar to a .303), while Ruby's scythe is probably a .50 cal. If Ruby couldn't harm Cinder, P-Monis would have it even harder.

• Burning_Zero

Burning_Zero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gunpla is Freedom!

#33292438 - 7 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

In reply to Burning_Zero

That's a pretty good design, dude. I'm sure Pyrrha would've approved.

pyrrha-32.png 
    The green mono eye on the mobile suit suits Pyrrha well.