Forums > RWBY

Phyrra is alive! ...Probably. (Massive spoilers, seriously)

Posts (41)

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33318989 - 1 year ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah and if they do will it be like we imagine it to play out? Pretty exciting theory either way you look at it.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33318998 - 1 year ago

In reply to kaijuguy19

It could be. I'm also thinking in the Schnee family's summoning glyphs. Both could be ways to channel a spirit to a material body. But so far, the only explanation on how magic works is, "it's magic". Maybe a future WoR will explain better.

• JadedFox

JadedFox

#33319222 - 1 year ago

I agree with SneakyDex, the only way I can see Pyrrha still being alive is if some part of her now exists inside Cinder. Either due to her killing the fall maiden in the middle of the transfer or because some of Amber's aura was transferred to Pyrrha before Cinder killed her. So that when Cinder fought and defeated Pyrrha the rest of the fall maiden's aura left Pyrrha and was absorbed by her. In other words. part of Pyrrhas aura or consciousness may now be inside Cinder.

That would also add a certain irony to the book Blake mentioned in volume 1 "about a man with two souls each fighting for control of his body." Maybe Pyrrha's destiny isn't to become a huntress or a fall maiden after all, maybe it's to help Ruby and the rest defeat Cinder, by somehow taking control of her body and preventing her from using her powers completely?

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33319238 - 1 year ago

In reply to JadedFox

That sounds like an awesome theory/idea. Not to mention that it could be a reason why Cinder's in the state she's in which if you think about it making Cinder's karma all the more fitting that the one girl she killed is now having control over her. Perhaps it could lead into Pyrrha taking control entirely later on.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33319593 - 1 year ago

In reply to Zkaletus

"Now, I hate breaking the immersion and looking at the technical aspects of a story as anyone, but it is unfortunately necessary if we’re to see the big picture."

Think of it as showing your work on a math test.  Sure, you might have the right answer, but you're going to get minimal or no credit if you don't demonstrate the process by which you got there.  Writing is actually a triangular relationship: from writer to audience, from writer to characters, and from audience to characters.  The writer sets up two of these lines, "writer to reader" is the "right answer", and "writer to characters" is the "process", the "showing your work", if you will.  If you want, I can post a link to my DeviantArt journal.  I have an entry there that compares the Ascension of Super Saiyan Goku to Ruby's Silver Eyes manifesting and shows that, simply put, Dragonball Z showed their work where RWBY did nothing of the sort.

• leonmasteries

leonmasteries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33536605 - 9 months ago

Honestly, after re watching the last few episodes of season 3, and thinking more about what's happened, I'm more certain she's alive, though not in a way that was explained here (if she's dead, that's fine too, though until it's stated within the show, then I'll keep myself somewhat optimistic about it). The first issue with her "death" is the aura aspect, she has some of the Fall Maiden's aura within her before Amber's shot and killed. When Pyrrha supposedly dies, the fall maiden aura doesn't go into Cinder like when she killed Amber, but instead glowed like the fall maiden before turning to ash. This also didn't faze Cinder when she grabbed the crown and dropped it, so that added with the list points towards Cinder having other plans for Pyrrha.

Another issue I have is that this is a fantasy realm, and as we've already seen with Ozpin, when someone's supposedly "dead", that doesn't mean they're actually dead. So with these pieces, I cannot assume Pyrrha was killed, but instead sent somewhere else, either from the Fall Maiden's power, or from Cinder's power. If it was the Fall Maiden, then that means Pyrrha was being protected. Sadly I feel Cinder sent her somewhere, as per everything we've seen thus far, which in turn leads down a far darker road of Pyrrha being kept as a pow, or possibly being conditioned for Salem, which would fall under the whole list thing Cinder had since season 2. 

• Ryan0386

Ryan0386 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33536610 - 9 months ago

when does vol 5 come out?

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33536734 - 9 months ago

In reply to leonmasteries

There has been a HUGE debate on the subject of Cinder turning P-Monis into ash. There's the discussion about the amount of energy needed to incinderate a person, the similitude of the effect with other powers of hers, etc. What some find more likely is that Cinder teleported her somewhere. The circlet not being incinerated could be important, too, and I don't think Jaune melted it into his weapons.

In reply to Ryan0386

October.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33536742 - 9 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

What makes the circlet stand out is the fact for something Cinder HAD to have a hand in keeping she discards right away.

She looks at it then drops it with no real expression. Which if it was a trophy would be super odd. And since all her other items such as armor and clothes disappeared with her the diadem staying means something is up with that.

Add in how easy it was for Cinder. She had no charge time no obvious build up it was arrow and hand poof.

These are the kind of clues people use when they want something to look like someone died but they didnt so they can go back and say here is your foreshadowing that this was a thing.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33536744 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

So, the only plausible reason why Cinder left the circlet untouched would be because she was to keep it. But the fact she didn't is what makes this so odd. Am I following? I was inclined to believe there was something particular with the circlet, but we haven't seen anything to support this.

So far, RT hasn't been all that good at foreshadowing (like when Ozzy tells Ruby she has silver eyes).

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33536747 - 9 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Pretty much.

Since everything else goes with Pyrrha and as you point out the diadem is not special as far as we know its REALLY odd.

And what also nails down the idea if it was special Cinder wouldnt drop it if she was trying to melt everything she would be surprised about it surviving yet that isnt what we got.

They have actually been all over the board with foreshadowing. Maidens get a pass because they created it whole before vol 3, Blake being Ghira's daughter is actually hinted at though not clearly, Leo being the traitor is also hinted at via Cinder and her papers, Jaune has some weird hints, And Qrow's semblance also is hinted at.

Then we have things like Silver Eyes, Salem, the brothers, the great war and so on.

So its a confusing jumble

One thing I cant help but notice is having that Diadem which Pyrrha NEVER takes off is a good ID of Body. If she was trying to prove Pyrrha was dead without leaving a body the broken remains of her weapon and the Diadem plus the destruction of the room makes it obvious what happened all without presenting the body.

If I had been presented those facts without seeing what went down I would think she was dead myself. 

But because I did and saw how odd the ending was plus knowing the above about the diadem I cant help but think its almost a perfect setup to make it look like she is dead when she isnt.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33536894 - 8 months ago

In reply to revanninja

One thing I find strange, is the fact that it was the circlet, and not her weapons, what remained. I mean, her sword ans shield are more representative of her than the circlet. They're her goddamn emblem, for crying out loud. So, if the point is to prove her death, why leave that and not the weapons?

It is all very strange. And I don't know what to make of it.

• revanninja

#33537016 - 8 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Actually her weapons were still there milo was broken and akukou is somewhere so they survived though I think jaune used broken milo.

From my phone 

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33537150 - 8 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

But those weren't given any importance, unlike the circlet. Let's just agree this all is fishy as hell

• leonmasteries

leonmasteries FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33537376 - 8 months ago

In reply to FettucCR that's what I've come to think as well. There's way to many aspects around the event that makes it seem unlikely that Pyrrha actually died, with what I said being some aspects towards it. It's why I cannot agree she's dead till there's actual proof in the show that does state she's officially dead. The circlet is another thing that I have an issue with, why would every other part of her be incinerated but not the circlet? Was it cause Cinder was holding it? I don't think so. In the end, we'll have to wait and see.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33537749 - 8 months ago

In reply to leonmasteries

In reply to FettucCR 
    It's why I cannot agree she's dead till there's actual proof in the show that does state she's officially dead.

Completely agreed. The problem I have with all of this is, some things seem to suggest she's dead dead, but others point in the opposite direction, and I can't decide which is more reliable. Exactly how long will the writers keep us in this situation, I cannot tell. But I fear it will be a long time.