Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (6665)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold He who is found yet lost

#33543499 - 5 days ago

In reply to SAmaster

Lesbians nothing.

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33543522 - 5 days ago

In reply to SAmaster 

Lol true. 

That's the reason why I haven't started shipping Rose Garden

In reply to thesupertwins

I'd just think the 'has an eighty-year old man rooting around his psyche' would be a more apparent barrier.

• lazygrif1234567890

lazygrif1234567890

#33543575 - 5 days ago

Red vs blue is coming back

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33543588 - 5 days ago

In reply to lazygrif1234567890

What does that have to do with any..... oh wait it's probably a bot.  

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33543593 - 5 days ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

No, it's someone, I've chatted with them before.

• Mattattack01

Mattattack01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33543601 - 5 days ago

Hey I have a question. If you could ship someone from RWBY with someone from RvB who would you pick?

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33543703 - 5 days ago

In reply to Mattattack01

Taiyang and Tex. If only to see what abominable he'll spawn from such a union would result in.

• Feywald

Feywald FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33544042 - 5 days ago

In reply to Mattattack01

In reply to SAmaster

scream 

Okay if we are going down this root then Yang and Tex, if only to see the carnage/epic battle every time they argue. Another funny one could be Nora and the lady doctor from last season. I think the crazy would be fun to watch. 

• lazygrif1234567890

lazygrif1234567890

#33544081 - 5 days ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life I thought a change of subject would involve more people.

• IShipYouNot

IShipYouNot FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Too Punny For You

#33544175 - 5 days ago

In reply to lazygrif1234567890

I don't have anything relevant to add because I've never watched rvb. My brother annoyed the crap out of me for the brief time he watched it and i can't stand it now.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33544181 - 5 days ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

In reply to Doodlelexi

That's Oscar/Ruby right because you do realize he's fused with ozpin

Oh, but shipping girls who have only shown to be straight or characters already in a relationship, or characters who have never spoken to/met each other is any less weird/strange? 

I really don't think Oscar having Ozpin as basically a ghost in his head, means the ship has any less chance of happening. In fact, it only enhances the chance of it happening because they both have something they didn't ask for. Also there's been characters in weirder situations/has had weirder issues, then that in which still get together. So seriously, saying he has Ozpin in him as a reason one thinks it won't happen, make very little sense in my eyes.

Still waiting till next volume to see them interact before I decide on shipping them or not, but I do believe it could be a very cute ship, that could have some great deep moments along the way.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33544183 - 5 days ago

In reply to Mattattack01

Tucker x Ruby, Tucker has come along way as a character, and is actually a very good strategist once he doesn't let his worries get to him to much, and I think they could bond over Ruby helping him bring that side out of him more. And I'm sure a good threat from Yang would stop him from making any lewd comments or pick up lines, lol, so things wouldn't get weird, or well...to weird.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Bumblebee Battle King

#33544192 - 5 days ago

If Blake & Yang do see each other in either Volume 5 or 6, their conversation should start out looking like this:

tumblr_on5nu9yogt1r6qp7wo1_1280.jpg

http://y8ay8a.tumblr.com/post/...

Yang wants to be mad. She should be mad. Instead, she's sad & probably just needs a hug. Oh, the Feels!

sob

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Bumblebee Battle King

#33544193 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah, but lesbians.

grin

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33544194 - 5 days ago

In reply to RexFrost

No...it really shouldn't, and most likely won't, as you said she should be mad, but she also will be mad, likely sad on the inside but not showing it. Wouldn't fit if she wasn't, she surely felt betrayed and abandoned, after having told her about her mothe. It was probably only like 2-3 months afterwords too, so Blake leaving her at a time she was already distraught, and after she gave up an arm trying to protect her, it only makes sense that her anger would definitely out way any sadness.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33544198 - 5 days ago

In reply to RexFrost

In reply to Leonthekillr

I honestly dont know how i want that first reunion to play out. I want Yang to really lay into Blake for ditching like she did but at the same time Yang isnt exacty known for restraint once she lets loose so i wouldnt want it to go past a certain point.

• RexFrost

#33544199 - 5 days ago

For my fellow Nuts & Dolts shippers!

tumblr_ojy36wfLhO1tihbmno1_1280.png

http://dvasonq.tumblr.com/post...

tumblr_ojlokuibVN1vhngqxo1_1280.png

http://god-hands.tumblr.com/po...

blush

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33544202 - 5 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

She'll most likely do that, or try to do her best to ignore the issue or Blake all together as to not lash out, though the latter I mainly see happening if their all in serious situation.

In reply to RexFrost

All your doing is making mah sad that Penny is gone, with cute pics like dat! ;-;

• SAmaster

#33544204 - 5 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

I don't think theres a too far for Blake at this moment.

In reply to RexFrost

No, I still want her to be mad. I mean, Blake really doesn't deserve to be forgiven at this juncture. That's letting her off way to easy. She needs to work before she can be forgiven.

In reply to Leonthekillr

I'd feel weird shipping the teenage girls of RWBY with the reds and blues considering they must be in their late thirties.

In reply to Leonthekillr

Yes. Sexuality isn't as confirmed as you think it is, both Yang and Blake could easily be bi. Plus non-heterosexual communities are kind of forced to switch characters sexualities around as few characters are rarely confirmed gay, lesbian, or bi. 

Two characters having not met yet, yes that's a bit absurd.

• RexFrost

#33544210 - 5 days ago

In reply to SAmaster

I kinda have to agree with you, SAmmy. If Blake wants Yang's (& her friends) trust back, she'll have to work for it. I can see her pushing herself really hard to earn back the friendship of those she left behind, to the point where she might hurt herself helping them. Hopefully by this time, Yang will finally realize how much Blake truly cares about her friends & will try to reconcile with her partner before she seriously hurts herself badly. It seems harsh, I know, but I can picture it happening.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33544214 - 5 days ago

In reIn reply to SAmaster

I'd only really ship any of the RvBxRWBY crossover ships if the RvB characters were made younger.

I know that, tired of having to reply to basically this same kind of comment, but I don't consider characters being bi or even really possibly being bi unless they at least hint at it which they haven't for either. As any character that hasn't outright cofirmed that their gay/lez or straight can be thought of as possibly bi, despite only ever showing their into girls\guys. Even when the series is over, and their with a certain character, that goes in line with the sexuality they've shown, people still do that, and I just find that plain weird and dumb. 

Also, that just means that those kind of fans need to make the characters OOC just to work. Which I usually find to mean that the ship ain't good when people have to make them such, though that's usually just if its making one or both be majorly OOC. And yes, changing one's sexuality is considered OOC, as it does make them out of character to be attracted to a gender that they have never shown to be into. And with us being 4 volumes in, it's safe to say their straight, they could grow to change their sexuality but so far, at this point we can say that their both merely straight.

Glad we can agree on the 'characters never met yet are shipped' part though.

• SAmaster

#33544231 - 5 days ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I disagree, I think it depends on the character. Jaune for instance, yeah I don't see him being attracted to men, he's very open about himself, and I think it would have come up at this point. Yang meanwhile I can easily see being bi, just not having shown she's attracted to girls. Ruby could be anything at this point.

And there are rare instances where shipping two characters who haven't met can make sense. For instance, Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer go through the exact same arc, and both along with Trixie and Moondancer are reflective archetypes for Twilight, so naturally a lot of ships pair them all off together.

In reply to RexFrost

I just don't want it to be instant. And when Blake does make it up, I don't want everything to be back as it was, I want it to be reset to zero.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33544237 - 5 days ago

In reply to SAmaster

And there's the thing right there, I find it really weird to be honest to think Yang out of them all could be bi, just because she's a rather loose cannon and somewhat flirtatious type. But that really doesn't at all mean that she could be bi, this is stereotyping characters just based off of their personality, which i find wrong. Though I honestly used to do the same, but my mindset has been changing towards certain stuff, like for this. And for Ruby we kinda got a hint in volume one that she's at least straight, not exactly a strong enough one to confirm she's attracted to boys though, so I can agree that her sexuality could be anything at this moment, we just need some evidence for whatever it is to show in the next volumes.

I can to some level agree with this kind of mentality for shippers, but just because characters have gone through similar characters I don't really think makes them a good ship, but being seen as best friend I definitely can. Which is why when I see a fanfic with Sunset and Starlight in it, inwhich their development has already happened, I always expect them to be very good friends, if they are not being paired together that is.

• SAmaster

#33544239 - 5 days ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I'm not stereotyping. Granted I largely say it just because it 'feels' right. But logically speaking it's mostly due to how she expresses herself. Jaune is desperate for love, if he had equal desire for men and women he would have expressed it (assuming the lack of cultural pressure, and hey why not, RWBY is it's own world). Yang is not, she's just appreciating what there is to look at. The thing that would tell me she's straight is an instance where they walk by a bikini contest, and she doesn't make a remark.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33544240 - 5 days ago

Yeah, but lesbians.

grin

In reply to RexFrost

^ What he said lol