Forums > RWBY

Got Any RWBY Jokes or Quotes?

Posts (2995)

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33507800 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

That's a way to see it, yes. The problem was the defeat timeline, because I'm pretty sure no one saw that coming, and in all the proposed timelines I saw there isn't.

• TheG33kymonk

TheG33kymonk The Idiot

#33507824 - 2 months ago

I wanna see this happen now...

tumblr_o6aahsRFOw1v66ox3o1_500.gif

Seeing your friends act like this. Priceless.

88776f1dea8db33357bcc33c858548dc.jpg

In reply to FettucCR

IMO, I feel time travel is just a big mess, but sometimes it can be done right, but most of the time it's going to be a train wreck. I don't think Nintendo knows how the Zelda timeline works at this point... I just think of it as a huge multiverse theory. Also do we know what timeline Breath of the Wild will be in?

a646b3860a619cceefb9da662a0c4258.jpg

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33507828 - 2 months ago

In reply to TheG33kymonk

No there's an official timeline now that all the games fit in.

My guess is that Breath of the Wild is in the fallen hero timeline, either a retelling or prequel to the first Zelda game.

In reply to FettucCR

As I said it was a cop out, born for not thinking about it at the time.

• DrPainKiller

DrPainKiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33507847 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster it was said wasent it that link has awoken 100 years later or something?

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33507868 - 2 months ago

In reply to DrPainKiller

Yep.

• DrPainKiller

DrPainKiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33507874 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmasterSAmaster same with marvel and DC, they rely on time travel like 100% of the time.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33507915 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Maybe botw's apocalypse is was caused by the timelines colliding.  

• SAmaster

#33507928 - 2 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

Nah, that would be jumping the shark. Clearly Nintendo is putting thought into this.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33507951 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Now they are.

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33507984 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR 

Yeah. 

I think if any show/book/movie is going to use time travel, they need to establish it from the very beginning at it at least exists in the universe that the story is in. 

In reply to DrPainKiller 

Oh yeah!! 

But that wasn't really time travel, that was parallel universes. 

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33507985 - 2 months ago

In reply to TheG33kymonk

Legit how my sister reacted to that scene. 

88776f1dea8db33357bcc33c858548dc.jpg

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33507987 - 2 months ago

In reply to TheG33kymonk 

I agree, if time travel can be done right in a story then go ahead at do it. 

But if you can't do time travel without making it super confusing and a mess, I rather it not happen.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33507988 - 2 months ago

In reply to thesupertwins

I wish i could photoshop jaunes face on here but this is how i reacted to...well any scene where he was oblivious really

42361b43ab8f626e1d84a79d73089d78.jpg

• SAmaster

#33508011 - 2 months ago

Really the issue with time travel is simply that a story needs to be built around it.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33508013 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Adding time travel to an already set story is the problem. That's where problems begin, because it's hard to connect all the events. If the story is already built around time travel, then is OK.

• SAmaster

#33508019 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Again, why I didn't like Arrival.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33508042 - 2 months ago

aa3d9620a921a923cf83223fbcf74b3d.jpg

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33508063 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

I'm going to see arrival tonight don't say anything else.  

• SAmaster

#33508074 - 2 months ago

I liked Jeremy Rennner.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33508094 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jianju

Hey! You posted Pyrrha in the wrong thread!! :P

• DrPainKiller

#33508139 - 2 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4lifelife I've not seen it too and probably won't. Doesn't interest me.

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33508207 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Agreed. 

In reply to SAmaster 

Agreed. 

• Bumblebee4life

#33508273 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Just saw arrival... I actually liked it... oh man that ending *sniffs*. 

• SAmaster

#33508281 - 2 months ago

Do you not think it's stupid though? That they added time travel at the last third of the movie? When the first two thirds had been about how language works, the last third says 'well if you learn to view time non-linearly, it stops being linear' it was so goddamn stupid.

• Jianju

Jianju FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold See ya next fall :)

#33508308 - 2 months ago

In reply to MisCon

I tried to make it funny... but i just think Pyrrha is every thread.  Should i also post it in pyrrha appreciation?

In reply to SAmaster

In reply to FettucCR

I liked how they did time travel in "12:01", "Back to the Future", "Chrono Trigger", and Star Trek.