Forums > RWBY

Is Pyhrra Really Dead

Posts (708)

• davidmccorquodale

davidmccorquodale

#33135973 - 1 year ago

I just have a funny feeling that Phyrra is not dead. Before Monty died I remember him saying that none of the main 8 ( Team Rwby and Team Jnpr) would die for the first 8 seasons. If RT stick to Monty's words, could this mean that she is not dead?

Also in one of the later episodes in the season, when Cinder, Emerald and Mercury are on the rooftops after they ruin everything, Emerald seemed to feel guilty over what they have done. Is it possible she has turned and Cinder is seeing an ilusion in her fight against Pyhrra? I mean we haven't really seen her or Mercury for a while.

What do you guys think

• schurgy16

schurgy16 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33135991 - 1 year ago

She may be dead, but probobally not gone. While I don't watch any other anime but this, I know that death is not important or permanent. Yes it is possible that the fight was an illusion but I think Phyrra is not permanently dead. I have 2 theories:

1. Killing Cinder will bring her back.

2. Juane's Semblance can heal/raise the dead.

-I think Juane will find a way or at least try to bring her back in Vol. 4

• mangokatt

mangokatt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33136005 - 1 year ago

I don't think she's dead. I saw a theory saying that she got teleported somewhere, possibly to the place where Salem is. But the possibility of Cinder seeing an illusion is very likely though. And if Jaune's semblance is healing people that would be pretty great.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136018 - 1 year ago

In reply to davidmccorquodale

davidmccorquodale, please post your idea on the The consequences of Pyrrha Nikos' death forum. I think it is very important.

• Jester000

Jester000

#33136021 - 1 year ago

I can buy it, why would Cinder disintegrate Pyrrha's body, for bragging rights? Sorry but that doesn't seem like something she'd do. It just seems like a weird thing for her to do and the illusion thing could easily be feasible.

I guess part of me wants to believe she's not dead because of how depressing it is. I know that bad things can happen to good people and that' life, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or accept it in this case unless it's definitively proven otherwise.

I'm a Jester, I like being happy not sad.

• davidmccorquodale

davidmccorquodale

#33136028 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

davidmccorquodale, please post your idea on the The consequences of Pyrrha Nikos' death forum. I think it is very important.
    Will do

• ultima75000

ultima75000 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33136043 - 1 year ago

This is from the other topic: "The Consequences of Pyrrha Niko's Death"

In reply to DMortal1
    There are two ways this can go: If Pyrrha is 'dead, dead' then I hope they
    have it written out well enough to have a VERY noticeable effect as in my
    opinion JNPR's reaction to her 'death' was a bit weak. In my opinion Ruby
    grieved harder (although she was the only eyewitness) than Ren and
    Nora. Hopefully there's more to it than what we got in V3.

If's she's 'mostly dead' (yeah I took that from Princess Bride) well that would also make sense in a way. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I can't accept Pyrrha can actually be deceased but I do find it a bit odd that one of only two characters on Team JNPR who actually got character
    development (arguably even more than some members of Team RWBY) gets killed off
    so early if they planned for 10+ Volumes.

Character deaths can pave room for more development of another (it's been used so many times) but it's rarely another protagonist unless the series is reaching its absolute end.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136056 - 1 year ago

I agree. While Pyrrha's death is quite an exciting development, it is also quite suspicious with all this other information brought to light. It only makes it all the more interesting if there is more to her death than seems. A good base for more plot twists from our friendly neighborhood Monty Oum?

• Jester000

Jester000

#33136063 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

Guess it depends on how they spin this, I mean whats more tragic, watching a friend die or being forced to fight that friend when you learn they are alive and possibly under mind control.

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136064 - 1 year ago

In reply to schurgy16

Number 2 would work perfectly as Juane's high amount of aura give him one special field of abilities. That field being most commonly called, "PALADIN". Warriors of holly light and users of aura to help those around them.

• davidmccorquodale

davidmccorquodale

#33136066 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

What do you think has happened to Ozpin, dead or alive, Dmortal1

• Jester000

Jester000

#33136067 - 1 year ago

Probably alive if I had to guess, no way he died that easily.....Come to think of it, perhaps maybe he saved Pyrrha somehow. It's possible, he likely knew Pyrrha wouldn't run away and perhaps he did something to help her. I mean we don't know what he can do, so whose to say.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136068 - 1 year ago

wishful thinking

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136070 - 1 year ago

I just have a funny feeling that Phyrra is not dead. Before Monty died I remember him saying that none of the main 8 ( Team Rwby and Team Jnpr) would die for the first 8 seasons. If RT stick to Monty's words, could this mean that she is not dead?

Please verify your source.

• Jester000

Jester000

#33136071 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

Hey until someone at RT says she's dead, I can dream all I want. Nothing wrong with that, plus that's the fun part about series like this. Leave stuff ambigious to make us speculate and be more eager to see what happens next.

• davidmccorquodale

davidmccorquodale

#33136072 - 1 year ago

I think he is alive too. He was kicking Cinder's ass then all of a sudden he disappears...

• Jester000

Jester000

#33136075 - 1 year ago

Way I see it he fled perhaps for one of several reason

1. Salem perhaps lent Cinder a hand and Ozpin needed to flee.

2. Perhaps knows the future and knew he needed to take action elsewhere, namely saving Pyrrha since he would know that Ruby could save everyone with her eye magic. Actually that would make sense, I mean he knew Ruby would probably save them in the end but perhaps orchestrated things so Ruby would think Pyrrha was dead so as to activate her power.

Perhaps Emerald secretly worked for him perhaps all along and that was part of his own plan since he knew even if he beat Cinder that wouldn't stop the dragon. I mean Emerald, Oz, Emerlad city, that can't be a conicidence.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136078 - 1 year ago

That's one helluvah bullshit and one hell of a deus ex machina. However, if done right, it will surprise us out of our pants.

• Jester000

Jester000

#33136091 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

Hey Ozpin certianly seems lie a behind the scenes kind of guy. I mean the whole thing with the Great and Powerful Oz was that he wasn't what he appeared to be. In the story he was a powerless guy using illusions, where was here, he is powerful and all knowing but still does use illusions to an extent.

I mean smoke and mirrors were what the original Oz was all about, whose to say Ozpin isn't the same.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136102 - 1 year ago

Good point ...

Also, apparently, there are big plans for Pyrrha as slipped out by her voice actor in the Friday stream ...

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136110 - 1 year ago

In reply to DMortal1

In what context, after or before her death?

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136124 - 1 year ago

I think it was after her death ... or 'death' ... whatever it is ...

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136126 - 1 year ago

before the last episode of the season but about it. I guess she wanted fans to keep thinking that Pyrrha has an important role in later volumes as well ...

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33136144 - 1 year ago

Okay, so lets take a head count here between these two forum threads. One: Monty stated he would not kill off any of the main characters until after volume 8. Two: the voice actor obviously said that to keep the character alive in the fan basis, makes sense in the long run. Three: Juane showed healing abilities during the very first volume.

• DMortal1

DMortal1

#33136167 - 1 year ago

not healing powers

more like a force field or onvincibility