Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 4 In-Depth Discussion and Spoilers: Finale Week

Posts (20285)

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33546969 - 4 months ago

In reply to Meiglan

No offense, but I'd just like to check- are you a bot?

If you're not, I definitely agree- Jaune might be more badass than the writers are letting on or showing via the show itself.

• Meiglan

Meiglan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33547016 - 4 months ago

@ImmaThinkin No, I'm not a bot lol. Mind if I ask why you asked if I was?

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33547042 - 4 months ago

In reply to Meiglan

I thought your post looked like something I thought I remembered seeing a couple dozen pages back or so.

• Meiglan

Meiglan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33547049 - 4 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin Well, I do post somewhat frequently, so maybe you were remembering something else I said? Anyway, no offense taken. 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33548051 - 4 months ago

Man the bots are bad today.

• Epsilon584

Epsilon584 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Chillin'

#33548119 - 4 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

just messing with you lol

On the topic of Jaune, I feel he should be a bit stronger than he is, like Season 9 Wash in relation to the other Freelancers

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33548136 - 4 months ago

In reply to Epsilon584

Epsilon DELETE THAT UPPER PART NOW!

Not kidding here shipyounot got banned because he copied pasted some of the korean spam into a post and it was a MASSIVE hassle to unban him.

I dont know if that is part of the autosearch and ban they have going on but dont take the chance.

• Gstroy

Gstroy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33548489 - 4 months ago

This is getting ridiculous. 

• Epsilon584

Epsilon584 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Chillin'

#33549097 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Shit, thanks

• Asdrubael

Asdrubael

#33549539 - 4 months ago

Oh boy, Leave for a weeks, come back, and still these bots are going at it.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DingleDong

#33550764 - 4 months ago

In reply to Asdrubael

Its everywhere dude, probably in the other forum sections too.

• Gstroy

Gstroy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33551410 - 4 months ago

I think it's time to abandon ship... 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33553092 - 4 months ago

And the Bots shall inherit the earth.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33553198 - 4 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

"10 new posts" Great, this will be interesting.

*open link*

Bummer.

• Radius55

Radius55 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Site Admin

#33553373 - 4 months ago

Okay, let me apologize for letting things get this bad. Some stuff prevented me from being able to do my admin duties the last few days, and apparently things conspired to do the same to the others who usually clean up the bots. I've cleared off the ones who posted here and we'll get to the rest in the morning.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33553379 - 4 months ago

In reply to Radius55

Thanks!

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33553425 - 4 months ago

I know this isnt the admin's fault but this is kind of ironic.

And for those when it gets cleared up 10 bot posts right after the admin.

I hope the IT people figure out what is allowing the bots to get accounts and close that loophole soon.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33553683 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Can't they just add a feature for account-creating where there's the "I'm not a robot" check box? That could help.

• revanninja

#33553772 - 4 months ago

Not fool proof I am afraid 

It does stop the more basics ones but some of the higher end can and will recognize it from my understanding.

It also doesnt stop a Human from going in and setting them up using an IP buffer to appear like multiple IP addresses under dummy accounts then letting the bots go to work until the accounts are shut down.

I am not sure what the purpose for the spam IS in the first place since most of it seems to be copy paste of old posts then just spamming the junk text like crazy.

My guess is Google word search hits to boost the linked sites exposure and bring it closer to the front page but I could honestly be wrong.

Most of what I know is bits and pieces I have picked up here or there since my brothers are IT guys but I could be misunderstanding it or off base.

We are clearly getting targeted for some reason either a vunerable software hack or because the RT and associated forums turn up closely with the intended boost in the first place. Hard to say WHY outside that we are.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33554364 - 4 months ago

In reply to Radius55

If only bots felt pain and you could kill them with fire... But thank you.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33554506 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Well, sometimes they bring up comments that rekindle intriguing conversations. That almost happened a page back, but I agree, most of the time it's pointless.

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33554514 - 4 months ago

Hey guys! 

I remember a while back on if y'all said that someone should take V4 and divide it up by each character arc to see the individual growth for everyone. 

And someone actually did it! 

https://youtu.be/lyIo7TalNz0

This is the link for Weiss' but they have everyone else too. (RNJR, Yang, Blake, Oscar, and Salem + WTCH) 

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33554515 - 4 months ago

Also don't fret about the RNJR one being like almost a hour and a half. Cause they included the V4 character short. And they had to include all the fights, the whole talk in episode 8, and the Kuroyuri flashback episode. 

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33554574 - 4 months ago

@Radius55 little pattern I noticed- some of the bots are named "Ivxiaohuer" followed by 2 numbers, which go up incrementally. When one of these bots gets dropped or another bot of the same first-component name gets created, the next one's number is 1 higher than the last one created.

Maybe you and the other admins could code the site so that it flags posts from site 'members' with a name following that pattern. I'll keep an eye out for other naming patterns.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33554602 - 4 months ago

Okay, since when have these bots begun posting excerpts from Harry Potter?