Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 4 In-Depth Discussion and Spoilers: Finale Week

Posts (20283)

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33509196 - 5 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

At this point, those Crisis storylines are shorthand for "culling the cast because we have too many".  Crisis on Infinite Earths started it (although the decree came down from the execs that they could only have one Kryptonian at the end, they gave Kara one HELL of a send-off), and now even MARVEL got in on the fun.  To be fair, Superbitch Primo-Emo only killed three Titans, but fucking HELL, two of them had a good thing going: Pantha and Wildebeest, both longtime members of the New Titans.  The last one, Samurai, they'd done NOTHING with.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33509198 - 5 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

The strange thing is I felt that some of the deaths like superboys blue beetles and Kal L's. Why did they get these deaths right when they messed up the others.  

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33509206 - 5 months ago

Kal L's was the final part of it and he had a HUGE role in shaping the narrative of that storyline (also counts as a VERY High-Tier Antagonist, too), same with Alexander Luthor.  It's still a case of knowing where some characters were in the hierarchy.  Most Titans, for example, end up as support at best, and even Pantha and Wildebeest sat there most of the time.  So, well....they end up food for the fodder.  Much like Penny, they don't really have much ability to drive the narrative in their own right (those two with Red Star were more of a unit than anything else), so they might end up dying to further someone else's story.  Distasteful, but mechanically appropriate.  Same sadly with Tula during the Crisis on Infinite Earths, falling to Chemo's poisoned waters.  That led Aqualad on a years-long funk which ended with his rise as Tempest (and even HE got that treatment during Blackest Night, and never got rebooted, instead going with the Kaldur Aqualad from then on, after my own MOTHER held out a hand to bring him back into the comics).

Edit: I was mistaken, it took YEARS for Garth Aqualad to be revealed post "New-52".  From the info I was just looking up, he's pretty much kept his Tempest powerset (the water manipulation portion of it was made his normal powerset in most modern animated versions of him, notably Teen Titans and Young Justice).

Second Edit: No, I'm not kidding about the "my mother brought him back into the comics" part.  During "One Year Later", he comes across a sorceress called Leah who helps him out with a ship to travel in.  That was DC's tribute to my mother (Garth was her favorite character).

• whothcares

whothcares FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33509207 - 5 months ago

I figured out what the relic is at beacon. In volume 1 Glynda asks Ozpin on what he used for the relic that year. The relic is a item that each academy has, Ozpin most likely disguise the relic as a chess piece that would explain why Salem has not found the relic at Beacon. Or the relic is divided into the set of chess pieces seen in volume 1 to make sure that the relic is almost impossible to find at beacon. Or im just reading far far in between the lines of plot.

• tylerbamafan34

tylerbamafan34

#33509216 - 5 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight that's really cook your mom had that much Respect at DC Comics to get a little homage in universe

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33509228 - 5 months ago

In reply to tylerbamafan34

She did in Marvel, too.  The last story of the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Annual #1 is an account of Peter David's last time seeing her, and it's drawn in her style.  Wouldn't have known unless a friend of hers directed me to his blog right after she died.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33509229 - 5 months ago

In reply to whothcares

That would make sense, since Glynda says the chess pieces are relics. But it doesn't, because they would be placing some of the most dangerous and important artifacts in the world, in the hands of inexperienced students in the middle of a forest.

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33509250 - 5 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Yeeeah, I'm sure if anyone were to start up the relic and cause god knows what to happen it would be Nora. 

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33509281 - 5 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

nora + relic =

75ade250.png

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33509307 - 5 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Nora nova

• Gstroy

Gstroy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33509316 - 5 months ago

I think the relics in volume one are different to the relics.

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33509335 - 5 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Well that or several new species of animals that secrete syrup and make pancakes on their backs.

• VikingBubbles

VikingBubbles FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold anime noob

#33509365 - 5 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

and once they are out of pancakes they run around and explode

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509376 - 5 months ago

I still think Nora might become a Maiden.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33509383 - 5 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

That would be cool. And a bit of a shock to everyone. It would give Ren and Johne a purpose instead of taggig along with Ruby.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509393 - 5 months ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

Additionally, id think all of RWBY would probably have their own thing anyway.

• bradleylord

bradleylord

#33509417 - 5 months ago

In reply to Burning_Zero

Heh i guess you got what you wanted

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33509491 - 5 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

"In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night

No Evil Shall Escape Our Sight

Let Those Who Worship Evils Might

Beware Our Power, Team RWBYs Light"

• novusdawn

#33509495 - 5 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Definitely would have the mindset for the spring maiden I would think. I wonder if personality is a factor in if a person is more likely to get what maiden power. Like Winter or Weiss would obviously be more likely to get the winter maiden as they are much more introspective and emotionally controlled.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509497 - 5 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

I think Winter is more likely to be the Winter Maiden because of her name.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33509503 - 5 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Did amber?

No so not a good stance or argument.

From my phone 

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33509505 - 5 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

I still think that would be a bit too easy. Nora is a better candidate.

• novusdawn

#33509506 - 5 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

I will pretend you didn't go full yang on us right now...

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509518 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Again I'm not being entirely serious. Look at Novus. Novus got the joke.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33509525 - 5 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Actually you have said it seriously in the past I have told you before you to make it obvious you joke you come across too serious so it's almost impossible with you via text.

From my phone