Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 4 In-Depth Discussion and Spoilers: Finale Week

Posts (20273)

• VikingBubbles

VikingBubbles FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold anime noob

#33509365 - 9 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

and once they are out of pancakes they run around and explode

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509376 - 9 months ago

I still think Nora might become a Maiden.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33509383 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

That would be cool. And a bit of a shock to everyone. It would give Ren and Johne a purpose instead of taggig along with Ruby.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509393 - 9 months ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

Additionally, id think all of RWBY would probably have their own thing anyway.

• bradleylord

bradleylord

#33509417 - 9 months ago

In reply to Burning_Zero

Heh i guess you got what you wanted

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33509491 - 9 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

"In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night

No Evil Shall Escape Our Sight

Let Those Who Worship Evils Might

Beware Our Power, Team RWBYs Light"

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33509495 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Definitely would have the mindset for the spring maiden I would think. I wonder if personality is a factor in if a person is more likely to get what maiden power. Like Winter or Weiss would obviously be more likely to get the winter maiden as they are much more introspective and emotionally controlled.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509497 - 9 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

I think Winter is more likely to be the Winter Maiden because of her name.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33509503 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Did amber?

No so not a good stance or argument.

From my phone 

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33509505 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

I still think that would be a bit too easy. Nora is a better candidate.

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33509506 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

I will pretend you didn't go full yang on us right now...

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509518 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Again I'm not being entirely serious. Look at Novus. Novus got the joke.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33509525 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Actually you have said it seriously in the past I have told you before you to make it obvious you joke you come across too serious so it's almost impossible with you via text.

From my phone 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509539 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Novus got it. I have said I think Winter could be the Winter Maiden. But the idea that naming your child after a season ups their chance of being a Maiden is patently ridiculous.

• revanninja

#33509544 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

One person got it yes should I point out how ridiculous you sound?

And you in fact argued this very fact in the past several times.

I am asking you to make it obvious when you joke because you do it so rarely and flat it's hard to tell serious from joking.

From my phone

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509546 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

That it's ridiculous is the joke.

Here's the key- if I sound ridiculous beyond belief, I'm either expressing myself poorly, in which case I just need to elaborate, or I'm making a joke.

• revanninja

#33509549 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

No then it would be all the time because that is your mo

Try again

From my phone 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509554 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

What's my MO?

• revanninja

#33509557 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Ridiculous theories.

And need I remind you actually DID argue winter as the winter Maiden seriously?

Because you did.

So ridiculous sounding stuff is normally for you and NOT a good.joke or not line.

From my phone 

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33509568 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I thought he was being serious, too.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33509596 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Far-fetched theories maybe. But my positions are always more reasonable than they seem at the outlook. For instance you and I both think the Grimm Pyrrha theory is valid, but many people think it's patently ridiculous until we sit down and go through all the evidence.

And I already said in my previous point I've said it's possible Winter is the Winter Maiden, but again I've never said that naming a child Winter would up your chances of Maidenhood, big difference.

So next time you catch me saying something baffling ask me to elaborate.

• revanninja

#33509608 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

No I have told you this I DON'T  I hold grimm as possible no more no less

I shouldn't NEED  to ask sa which is what you miss you keep saying ask you for everything how about doing little things to make it clear. If you are joking say jk or use an emote to make it obvious.

At some point it's not on us but you. This is one of those points.

From my phone 

• siluna

siluna

#33509683 - 9 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

In reply to HunterBlaine

I wonder if that's a production trouble thing too. Because it literally would have taken a five second fix of Ren or Nora saying or doing something. Like perhaps they didn't have time to review that scene and think it over:

That wouldn't surprise me. In AfterBuzz interview (after the end of volume 3), Kerry admits he forgot that Jaune could play the guitar, and that was in the previous volume. So something mentioned in volume one being forgotten while writing volume four, I definitely see it happening.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33509695 - 9 months ago

In reply to Siluna

That's....actually a BIG red flag in terms of writing quality.  This is why you keep notes on even little things like that: to keep continuity consistent.  It's one of the biggest things I work on when I play in my tabletop games, and my characters are all the better for it.  Even the little things can be helpful in shaping how my characters develop.  A little standard obstacle might be dealt with in a different way because of something the character did in the past that made them look at things differently, for example.

• revanninja

#33509698 - 9 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

While I do agree I think in the case of vol 3 its at least a little understandable they forgot things.

That said continuing to do is a big issue.