Forums > RWBY

RWBY character ideas

Posts (3506)

• Argent_Sterling

Argent_Sterling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33507283 - 3 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Honestly? Not really. I know a lot of, if not all, of RWBY's characters are based off folklore/fairy tales/historic characters (fiction or otherwise), but for Argent? I never really gave it much thought of who he could be based off of. As it's stands, he's not seen in a favorable light in atlesian society due to his father turning traitor and escaping justice (plus he's the one responsible for Argent's missing arm). Sins of the father being passed to the son, the latter of whom who seeks to redeem his family name by finding his father one day and take him down.

Now that being said, I am open to ideas/suggestions of possible inspirations he could be based off of!

• Argent_Sterling

Argent_Sterling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33507285 - 3 months ago

Ignore the double post there x.x

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33507295 - 3 months ago

In reply to Argent_Sterling

Yeah, the forums are a bit weird like that. It takes a couple of posts to show the new page your post is on.

Also, I also know how weird it is to make a character THEN find the inspiration. That's my OC team in a nutshell.

• Argent_Sterling

#33507593 - 3 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Whew. Glad I'm not the only one then.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507858 - 3 months ago

Looks pretty good there, good sir! I was actually going to offer to draw out some sample images, with your permission, but then I saw the image you provided. Not exactly what I was gonna go for, but pretty close, actually... Well done with the detail though! AWESOME job you did here!

• Argent_Sterling

#33507859 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Hey! If you want to either way, go right ahead!

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507864 - 3 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

I'm with you there. It took a couple months before I realized that my Indigo Chiama OC had been based off of Nick D Wolfwood from Trigun (hence the familiar look to him) and I didn't even know it... THEN I had to go and make another OC, Sylvester Lycus, that was INTENTIONALLY based off of Wolfwood, hence the OC literally translating to just that (Wood Wolf, or Wolfwood), just as how "Weiss Schnee" translates to Snow White.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507865 - 3 months ago

Nah, I'm not one to impose on the good work of others. You're welcome, however, to check out mine (team links are in the profile Journal) and offer your feedback on it! I DO also have a weapon design, but no OC to base around it just yet. I'm still thinking about that, but perhaps you (along with anyone else that wants to) might provide your own insight on possible ones?

• Argent_Sterling

#33507871 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Will do! Also the art was done by my friend CatherineBall on DeviantArt. I'm not an artist myself, unfortunately, but I love writing stories about characters that I want brought to life through art, which she happily provided.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507877 - 3 months ago

Well, my compliments to the artist then! I draw all my weapons and emblems myself, and fashion my OC profile-type images on Rinmaru (I couldn't hope to draw people otherwise). I may be good with using MS Paint, but I'm not quite there yet to create such complex organic shapes as people yet...

• Argent_Sterling

#33507883 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Y'know...that's what I'm missing. A symbol!

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507885 - 3 months ago

On it! Oh... what colors you want me to use? Judging from the character, I wanna say black and white, with a little bit of gray or light blue...

• Argent_Sterling

#33507888 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Black, White and Teal, yeah

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507895 - 3 months ago

Awesome, working on it right now. I promise I won't disappoint!

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507940 - 3 months ago

Here you go! One emblem image.

XYy35Jp.png

• Argent_Sterling

#33507941 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

I...Oh wow o.o That's awesome, man!

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507942 - 3 months ago

First thing I thought of when you mentioned not having an emblem. Personally, I think the glowing eyes from the image was a nice touch... Really adds to it.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33507945 - 3 months ago

So I've been putting a lot of work into Seda's fullbody recently now that I'm all caught up on the GW2 Living Story stuff (pour one out for Trahearne, it's been three episodes and we've gotten nary a mention of him, RIP me) and yesterday I noticed during drawing that the way my Photoshop layout was set up meant that Seda was looking directly at Alondra. So I decided to have a brief moment of fun before getting back to work.

dIHHZOO.png

Figured someone here might get a brief kick out of it. Oh, Seda, you ginormous lesbian.

• Argent_Sterling

#33507946 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Seriously, man. Thank you. Honestly, between here, a site that I went to for RP and just general talks with some friends, I'm more inspired now to work on him a bit more. All I have, as you saw in my post, are bare bones to what could be something more. So I'm gonna make that my new personal project, trimming down and building up on him to make him better and more complete.

In reply to Malochroma

Very nice!

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33507947 - 3 months ago

Thanks! I've actually gotten a lot more done on Seda's fullbody between then and now, but I'm working on three different things at once and my work schedule's been super packed so progress is not as fast as I'd like.

• Argent_Sterling

#33507949 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Oi. Tell me about it XD It's Spring Season coming up, and I work at a Home Depot's Garden Center. I unload the trucks and keep the soils, mulches, rocks and pavers stocked xD BUT! Still get time on the side to work on stuff such as this. You keep up the great artwork and character concepts! :D

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507950 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Trahearne, eh? Sounds distinctly familiar... (Totally not judging, by the way. Use any names you want, I won't get in the way)

• Malochroma

#33507952 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Trahearne isn't one of my OCs. I mean, I have a concept for a character based off of the Old Ironsides poem named Wade Traherne, but that's not who I'm talking about. The Trahearne I'm talking about is a character in Guild Wars 2. He was also the best character.

CwxVGkcUAAAc1d4.jpg

This guy.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507955 - 3 months ago

Sounds similar to that summer job I had last year. besides pulling weeds (the dreaded Stinging Nettle being one of them >.< I suspect that there may be a connection between that stuff and wasps... just a theory based off of an observation), I also had to take care of moving stuff sometimes. And yes, that did include mulch and rocks... even bricks. Hang in there, and try not to overwork it, like I apparently had...

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33507957 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Ah. That explains the slightly different spelling. Makes sense.