Forums > RWBY

Raven and Qrow Faunus?

Posts (20)

• Anzure

Anzure FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32942473 - 1 year ago

I have been thinking about it, is just an idea it came into my mind since i saw raven with a grimm mask. She is possibly a faunus, I mean her name and her last name. Besides when Qrow appeared in the last chapter, that stupid crow with red eyes couldn't be more obvious at possibly pointing out that he is a faunus, so his faunus heritage would be his red eyes along with his black hair, so if Raven is his sister that will probably explain why both had the same color of hair and eyes and the black birds their name comes from.

At the same time that will make Yang half human Half faunus, explaining why her eyes color turns red when she gets mad, since she is opening herself to her animal instinct side i believe, so what do you think guys?

• Goodkinggilly

Goodkinggilly

#32942590 - 1 year ago

In reply to Anzure

Her eye colour turns red (Yang) due to her 'damage' semblance like her hair changes colour.

plenty of characters have black hair without being faunus.

Ruby and yang have unusual eye colours (Silver/lilac respectively) without being faunus so i assume the red is just a trait.

• Anzure

Anzure FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32942707 - 1 year ago

In reply to Goodkinggilly

I still think that there is a chance that they both are Faunus (Yes i know Emerald has red eyes to and plenty chars has black hair) but for me it will make more sense in relation to their names with the animals(birds) their names comes from.

I doubt that Yang eyes are just a trait. In some way I think is kinda connected with a faunus heritage from her mother. I mean it will explain why Raven was wearing a white fang mask, not for random purposes of covering her face, besides there are no humans at all using those masks.

• Goodkinggilly

Goodkinggilly

#32943090 - 1 year ago

In reply to Anzure

Everyone in team CRDN (E.g. 'Sky lark') is named after a bird, however they are not faunus.

A name doesn't signify that that person is a faunus for example Blake is named after a flower 'Belladonna'

It is stated that a common occurence after the great war was the naming of children. And the word 'Branwen' means Blessed white crow/raven. It is just symbolic plays on the sterotypical archtype of 'death' with crows being carrion birds and the scythe which is commonly related to Death.

Their names are related to their colour scheme and their 'theme' like Ruby is red riding hood.

• Goodkinggilly

Goodkinggilly

#32943092 - 1 year ago

In reply to Anzure

Also i forgot that Yangs lilac eyes are from her father Taiyang Xia long who has the same colour scheme as her and not from her mothers side.

• ladygrimblossom

ladygrimblossom FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32945125 - 1 year ago

I like the idea of them both being the rare Avian Faunas type, especially Raven since she already has plumage like hair. But I'm not certain. We'll find out in time I hope.

• Anzure

#32945910 - 1 year ago

I always try to find some logic or relation in what i see, I understand all that. Btw i know that Yang has her father's colors of eye, but they turn red, sorry but i can't possibly assume that those red eyes are for random purposes or just to show the feeling of anger.

A random example, In naruto, naruto itself when go into full anger mode when he was a kid his eyes turned red, because he had Kurama inside explaining why his Blue eyes turned red.

Yang is almost in the same situation, she gets normally mad the color of her eyes doesn't change, she gets really mad her eyes turn red as the same color of her mother's eyes. Any other character doesn't have this particular trait on them and i seriously doubt is just because is just because RT want them to turn red.

Will make more sense if she is actually half faunus, leaving behind the names of the character color of her, they doesnt have actually a real visible trait that show they are faunus (Like velvet or Blake) but they might be and i think is tied to their eyes most than anything.

In reply to ladygrimblossom

It will be nice and we will get to know more about yang

• Goodkinggilly

Goodkinggilly

#32945942 - 1 year ago

In reply to Anzure

It has been stated by the creators and the show that the red eyes are her semblance activating along with her hair glowing.

Not dissimilar to when Pyrhhas hands glow a faint black when she uses her Semblance or Rubys habit of leaving rose petals and Weiss makes glyphs appear. Neo's semblance allows her to change her eye colour at will and a common theme is: None of them are faunus.

• JayXanimator

JayXanimator

#32946165 - 1 year ago

actually it changes red when she is angry too not just damage and actually it might not be the damage semblance maybe just rage like when blake and her were arguing in vol 2

• Anzure

#32946447 - 1 year ago

In reply to JayXanimator

Yes, or like on episode 8 of volume one. Ruby jump down the tree, was about to hug with Yang, Nora ruined the moment calling her name and after that Yang got mad turning her eyes red, asking everybody to chill out.

• Stunner900

Stunner900 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The Political Frog

#33066657 - 1 year ago

• Vivamort

Vivamort

#33068175 - 1 year ago

I hear tell, the RT team was asked early on if there were such things as half faunus, and they said yes, and we have already met one... I can see that being Yang. Unless it is Blake...

• Stunner900

Stunner900 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The Political Frog

#33070793 - 1 year ago

In reply to Vivamort

it's blake they show'd us that her bow is a pair of cat ears, also you need to be a Faunus to be able to join the white fang

• Stunner900

#33070795 - 1 year ago

So their dad could be Irish?

• Vivamort

Vivamort

#33070804 - 1 year ago

In reply to Stunner900

The assumption is that Blake is a full blooded faunus... the thought is that Yang may be half faunus. But it could be true that Blake had a human parent and is Faunus enough for the White Fang because she has animal traits.

• Anzure

#33071283 - 1 year ago

Since they revealed that Qrow and Raven are brothers i will stick even more with this theory, i mean for me they are faunus. Yes Blakes is 100% faunus i mean until now every faunus we have seen have an animal like part stick to their bodies tail, ears, horns, etc. In the other hand a half faunus I dont think it will have any heavy trait in they body.

• Nova0jacobs

Nova0jacobs

#33537296 - 5 months ago

hi firstly i love this theroy (google sent me here in my search i did haha)

The way i see it theres 3 ways it could work

1) already been said so i won't go into detail but they have a human perant. But i will add that in the world of reminat episode qrow does say that if a human and faunas have a childĀ it could go eithet way

2) animals sometimes have very didfrent organs from us: cows have a 4 chambered stomach.

Birds respatory systems basicly include a secodary lung. (Not exactly that but its a good way to discribe it) And theres many more

Whos to say that is the case with some faunas. Eg instead of getting a cow tail or ears they get the 4 chambered stomach?

3) they are some sort of reptile (like the chamilion girl) and can either regrow limbs like som speices of lizzards. Or sonsthing like that. And as Tai is human (and so is Summer for those of you who subscribe to the qrow being ruby's father theroy) they didnt get the reptile side.

Finally id like to close out by appologozing for my poor spsll8ng and grammer

• Nova0jacobs

Nova0jacobs

#33537298 - 5 months ago

ps *spelling!!!

• The_Spodjak

The_Spodjak

#33551204 - 4 months ago

Is everyone forgetting Qrows eyes turning red in his fight with Winter.

• Nova0jacobs

Nova0jacobs

#33561944 - 4 months ago

i didnt i just didnt i just assumed it had already been memtioned