So, I just got the game yesterday, don't kill me, and I am looking for a group of people to play it with. if anyone wants to play with me, my steam is Moo Cow Thief.
Grimm Eclipse: LFG, Highscore, HAX, etc
#33470747 - 4 weeks ago
While I find the game entertaining, I am disappointed in it. I was hoping that it would be like Kingdom Hearts gameplay, but it was more like Tomb Raider. The story wasn't very long, it's too hard for one player, the combat is difficult and the graphics were nice, but not what I was expecting.
I was hoping it would be like the Kingdom Hearts gameplay with random encounters and fluid fighting. Also, I was hoping that you could choose which character you play, choose which characters were on your team, the team members act as AI fighters, you could switch between characters in a fight and switch party members after battle.
While I did enjoy the game, I think it could have been better
#33486746 - 2 weeks ago
In my opinion this game is a good bassline but that's on. Now I know nobody cares about what I say but this is what I would do to improve this game.
1. For a start I would add a tutorial level that goes over every type of attack for each character.
2. Speaking of characters I think that each character should have more unique fighting styles like they do in the show. For example, Yang does slow and heavy attacks and faces things head on however Blake is the opposite of this as her attacks are weak but is is more agile and is able to move quickly. Weiss tends to focus on 1 enemy at a time to try not to get panicked by being over run. Ruby is reckless and tries to attack everyone at once instead of focusing on one enemy. Pyrrha manly counters opponent's while Nora attacks and gets in the way of them. Ren moves around quickly while fighting to make him harder to hit and Juane attacks but focuses on the placing of his shield and where his teammates are to form a plan but in the game their is no difference to the fighting. Same attack speed, strength, range, health, damage and controls. Also it's a Hack 'n' Slash so combos would be nice.
3. The story is lacking and poorly written. I mean this game was made in the same area as the show so the story should be their but isn't interesting. The villain is introduced right at the end and we do not get any time to grow to hate him.
4. The game's setting is nice I just was hoping for their to be more to see and interact with.
5. The game itself is repetitive. Go here kill grimm go here and don't a few waves go there and defend that thing and it does not change for the entire game. I enjoy it but there's so much more that could've been done like vs mode or more challenges.
P.S Split screen multiplayer is not a bad thing and this seems like the perfect game for it.
Just a few thoughts Rooster Teeth on the off chance you read this.
#33499864 - 1 week ago
I love the game, but there are a few improvements I would make.
- Its repetitive. Go here, activate this thing, defend this, kill Grimm. That's the game in a nutshell. If one were to add additional modes of play, for example Competitive PvP or even an in-game social hub, replayability ought to increase.
- Need to be able to pause the game in Single Player. Sometimes, a girl's gotta go deal with life stuff, and being able to pause the game would help with that.
- Auto-Lock onto Grimm. Can't help but notice players cutting/punching/shooting air in Multiplayer. Lock-on may be able to help with this.
- Semblance. This is a major factor in RWBY, and yet it feels non-existent in the game. If it were to be added, I think it would further enrich the characters in of themselves. Supers are good. Are they enough? I don't feel like they are.
- Forgive me for being blunt, but am I supposed to care about Dr. Merlot? I don't. We got nothing from him until we were minutes away from killing his mutant deathstalker, and he appears to have a split personality disorder, whereas he's mostly hospitable (even accepting of your desire to rampage through his lab) until you hack one of his computers. In the future, I'd like to see an extension to the story, during which we get a bit more about Dr. Merlot personally, and have a chance to decide if he's really a "bad guy."
- Character specific chapters seem like a fun way to spice up gameplay, whereas you're given a specific character and told to complete a challenge unique to them. Such a challenge may give the player a chance to further connect with the character in question.
- Cutscenes. Some people like them, some people don't. I do, even if its just a quick "World of Remnant" style animation with still images, it shows that time and care was put into the project as a whole.
- I've mentioned Semblance, so I'll bring up fighting style here. This isn't really a suggestion for something to be added, so much as it is a reminder to keep doing what you're doing. Every character is emulating themselves accordingly, as far as I can see, and I'd like to point out the dangers of straying from this critical aspect of gameplay in the future. No clones, please.
- Alternate skins/outfits is another thing that contributes to the quality of the game in a small, but noticeable way. There are plenty of outfits floating around out there for these characters. Lets have fun with our characters.
- Now this is the most important suggestion. I can't stress the astronomically heavy significance of what I'm about to say. Not only will it ensure the continuation of this game, but of mankind as a whole.
Penny as a playable character. Please. ^(o.o)^
I hope this feedback contributes at least in some way. This game is a treat for those of us who fangirl over RWBY, and I can't wait to see where it goes.
Thanks for all you do, RT.