Forums > RWBY

RWBY Weapon Ideas

Posts (188)

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33489368 - 6 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Thanks man I figured the with the glaive being able to keep things at a distance that an lmg would work great for keep Grimm at a distance while the shield helps if they get to close.

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33489372 - 6 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin that's a very nice idea the MG could soften the Grimm up and then the ZWEI hander would tear them apart what sort of dust would it use primarily?

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33489823 - 6 months ago

In reply to Wolfram812

Really, it's just a big ass sword that turns into a machine gun, and thus wouldn't use any specific dust. Therefore, it'd probably use any sort of dust available for use as ammo for the machine gun.

For those who didn't know, a Zweihander is an old German Greatsword (giant 2-handed sword for cleaving through enemy formations, cavalry, armor, etc.).

zweihander.jpg

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33489986 - 6 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin ah ok i was just curious about any sort dust effects the blade may have

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33490038 - 6 months ago

In reply to Wolfram812

Y'know, now that you mention it... it could fire some dust down the fuller into crevices in the edge to have some powerful effects like Myrenaster (Weiss' rapier).

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33490046 - 6 months ago

that would very very painful to be hit with.

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33490047 - 6 months ago

and grav dust could increase the force of impact possibly 

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33490466 - 6 months ago

In reply to err55f5g5f

First time I've ever been mimicked by a bot. True story.

FUGGOFF BOT!!!

• Hydra645

Hydra645

#33490687 - 6 months ago

I've gone back to being a bit unsure about my OC, weapon and semblance mostly. I still remember my 3 ideas.

1. The idea I was currently thinking of, some kind of combination melee/thrown/gun which the OC could use his semblance to travel with or teleport to when thrown.

2. Not sure about the weapon but I want it to work with a semblance that can create runic marks that act like land mines that work differently with dust used. Not sure I want this one to work at range like Weiss'.

3. An idea inspired by video games monks. Basically he'd have gloves and boots or something similar to both Yang and Mercury's weapons. Instead of shells they would just have dust that would work with a semblance that would cover his hands and feet in a stronger aura that would allow him to use more powerful kicks and punches. Different dust would empower the strikes in different ways, but using this would also drain is Aura faster than normal meaning it wouldn't work in prolonged fights and wouldn't have much ranged potential.

• thesonofcinder

thesonofcinder

#33572699 - 3 months ago

i have one, but it might be to overpowered.

in the story i write (gold volume 1) the main villain is a humanoid grimm named gladios. he holds a weapon named blood-lust. this weapon, in its original form. it is a large broadsword with a golden blade and a black handle. as the weapon is hundreds of years old, it has many forms, when it destroys another persons weapon. it gains the ability to transform into that weapon in a matter of seconds, gaining both the attributes and the shape of the weapon. 

for example, if, by some chance, blood-lust destroyed crescent rose, it would gain the ability to transform into crescent rose and, with a gold colored blade and a black handle, with both long and short range abilities. an overpowered weapon for a overpowered character

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33572740 - 3 months ago

In reply to thesonofcinder

Interesting. So, it's like Velvet's weapon backpack, except it decided what it wants to be on its own.

• thesonofcinder

thesonofcinder

#33573397 - 3 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Yeah. I guess. It goes with its owner. Its a weapon that can take form of the weapons it destroyed, held by a grimm that takes the form of a human he kills

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33573724 - 3 months ago

In reply to thesonofcinder

Sounds kinda like the T-1000 from Terminator mixed with The Molded from RE7. Cool.

• thesonofcinder

thesonofcinder

#33573985 - 3 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin thanks!

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33590032 - 3 months ago

In reply to fyuthgqw2

good job

Holy shit, dem bots gettin' smart!

• Fwee

Fwee

#33591951 - 3 months ago

Someone early on mentioned an energy gun turret thing, which is a little similar to something I've thought of, and would like to see executed well.  Form one is a large kite shield and form two is a protected emplaced machine gun.  The idea is that parts on the edges of the shield fall back against the ground to keep it steady and the barrels extend out of the front.  Mostly I just want to see more weapons on the show that're powerful machineguns, like the briefcase minigun.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33591953 - 3 months ago

In reply to Fwee

So kind of like this?

6bed5ba5ef49aecfe9f5bc5f0dc896b8.jpg

But where the shield form the barrells are tight against the body and its plates are forming the shield as a whole

Then when it moves down it does this with the plates

289zb37ground1.jpg

About right?

• Fwee

Fwee

#33591968 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Both of those images look awesome so I can't argue but I'm imagining more like this, where the shield is larger, the bipod folding up into the shield, and the whole gun part small enough to be out of the way when used as a shield.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33591980 - 3 months ago

In reply to Fwee

Okay Tower shields or something more along that line is what you are thinking of.

testudo.jpg

Then mixed in with a little bit of Riot shield.

s536209225133381705_p3_i1_w600.jpeg

Gun part where the LI on the Police would be swings up and unfolds out.

Lower part swings forward a little then unfolds a bipod with a long bar creating the tri extending from the gun itself to anchor it down.

Be aware this type of shield is not a good one for close quarter combat by ANY stretch.

• Fwee

Fwee

#33592001 - 3 months ago

Aye, the character whom this is intended for is meant to have a simple sword-carbine weapon as well, with a fighting style that is meant to fend off close attacks more than do damage.  Her role in the team would be ranged dps and holding the line in case of retreat.  As for style, imagine the riot shield but a diamond instead of a rectangle, and with a smaller viewing window.

• revanninja

#33592020 - 3 months ago

In reply to Fwee

The Issue is tower shields are implacement tools not melee.

What I mean by that is they are heavy shields designed to be used in formation with other like shields to hold off Arrows and Spears even small stones thrown from above. 

Its bulky and doesnt work well being swung around. Most shield walls had pikemen that stuck people from behind the walls.

Romans had their Gladius which they used for short stabs in close range slamming their shields into someone and then shanking them more or less. 

So for use just to hold off people it still has issues because its a heavy bulky weapon.

You CAN make this work but it needs some stuff.

Hmm do you know MS paint?

If you do create an image with labels and then upload and post it here you can do so by uploading to your gallery then copying the address to here once you save it if you dont know, 

That will help me get a feel for it and point out issues and the like.

• Fwee

Fwee

#33592037 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

While I thank you for your help, at the moment I'm honestly willing to handwave technical details like that.  For instance, a large bulky shield that's also a machine gun probably requires both hands to carry and isn't much use in a fight, but if you simply say 'this character is a very strong fighter', then it works to have them swing it around as if it were a sheet of cardboard.  A rule I've begun using when designing inside the rwby universe is that it's better to be cool than technically viable or even reasonably balanced power-wise.  I think a lot of canon characters use that rule too, especially ones we only see a couple times.  It's all about how you present them, write them, and choreograph their fights.

• revanninja

#33592054 - 3 months ago

In reply to Fwee

Actually depending on a couple of things no a shield machine gun wouldnt be all that heavy.

Scutum the roman shields whose name I FINALLY recalled weigh in at 22 Lbs.

The M60 comes in around 23 lbs as well.

So 45 Lbs which is HEAVY until you recall a few things.

Both parts would be cut down in weight.

The M60 would lose a lot of weight because things WOULD be removed. Or simplified.

Add in parts removed from the shield such as the view port and the weight would most likely not be that much heavier then what they normal carried probably around 30lbs or so.

There is also other ways the weight would be cut unfolding barrels parts of the shield acting as parts of the gun and so on really depends on the design.

• Fwee

Fwee

#33592874 - 2 months ago

All right, I decided to put my photoshop where my mouth is

This is a quick sketch but the final idea has more details, a handle to the side to hold onto for use as a shield, and more of those stabilizing fins.

• revanninja

#33592916 - 2 months ago

In reply to Fwee

The stabilizing fins are actually fine so long as you add expanding feet on the ends because gunners often sit or stand on the tripods in order to keep them balanced.

Probably want to make it a bit longer so your person isnt crouching just to see.

That design is MUCH closer to what is known as a Kite Shield.

wood-and-steel-kite-shield-3194-p.jpg

Here is the strapping on the back for them

083b32b1571d5f0d96773a1f0b5129fa.jpg

It uses a tighter strapping then most shields because of its shape. See that long strap? That is meant for use on your back so you can carry it easily.

Now a shield has what is known as a Boss

therionarms_c1023a.jpg

This is a buckler with a boss which is the part in the middle. kite shields had this. Boss when you punch with them made deflecting attacks MUCH easier as the curve would catch and deflect the blow very easily. They arent that useful on pivot motions like Kite shields use but it can be used with them just not as well as with buckler is all.

So What i am thinking is the barrels form a Boss and this a function in shield form.

Also Kite shields can be used for NASTY attacks. You can for example go for a shield press then use the edge to stab someone's foot. You can keep your arm low and use the top to punch out or in some cases even use it to slice.

There is a LOT of nasty tricks with a Kite shield.