Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (80186)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33542239 - 1 month ago

In reply to JymaruCrew Fair enough. It's just that RWBY isn't the only thing I have many OC's for (8+ for One Piece, 4+ for JoJo [8+ if you count stands separately], 100+ Pokémon and Pokémon trainers for my OC region, and probably 100+ characters of my own personal universes) and I REALLY should be focusing on university instead! I can't be focusing on all these universes! 

Anyway, to my own surprise, I just wrote up Roy's history in one run just now. I'll quickly get all necessary images of him and his weapon together and then I'll post him!

• Xyonai

Xyonai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nephilim

#33542261 - 1 month ago

I think the 'OC Vs' thing we've got is as close to a 'contest' I feel comfortable with on here.  Not that I'm opposed, but there are people here who have a rather distinct advantage (Writing Quality, Being able to Art, experience) that might make judging things on a level field a bit difficult.  Unless we'd just be judging on the merits of the ideas alone, which in itself might have it's own issues in how you go about judging it.

• JymaruCrew

JymaruCrew

#33542263 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

[Fronting: Jy]

Oh, total OCs? :DD

ULArHYQ.png

(My database exhausts me I estimate I'm not even 1/3 of the way done, and I don't include Pokemon from four separate games, and RWBY OCs are the only fancharacters I've included so far and.......... there's just so many)

I'm lucky in that I can work on this kind of stuff via Uni work - I make a lot of Game Design Documents, so I can make good stories and characters in through that

• Xyonai

Xyonai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nephilim

#33542265 - 1 month ago

In reply to JymaruCrew

Jeeze, I really wish I had your creative drive.  Then I'd be unstoppable!

• Sosen7x

Sosen7x FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Comet

#33542266 - 1 month ago

In reply to Xyonai

In reply to JymaruCrew

That creative drive and a beast of a computer coming soon and I might make a RWBY OC episode

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33542268 - 1 month ago

In reply to JymaruCrew

hG7FDtJ.gif

...That's a lot of characters

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33542267 - 1 month ago

Alright guys, here he is!

[NAME] Roy Lazuli.

[GENDER] Male.

[AGE] 17.

[SPECIES] Human.

[OCCUPATION/EDUCATION] First-year student at Sentry Academy.

[COLOR THEME] (Royal) Blue.

[REFERENCE/ALLUSION] Bluebeard (though Roy's father shares more traits with this fairy tale character than Roy does himself).

[PERSONALITY] Stoic might be an understatement. Few will see Roy cry, but even fewer might ever get to see him smile. Though not apathetic by any means, Roy just has a lot of frustration built up that he can't exactly let out without seriously injuring or completely destroying someone or something. He's not necessarily violent however, and has enough restraint to warn anyone trying to provoke him into any type of physical combat to stop doing so while they can. Yet, all his anger, built up throughout his youth, keeps him from feeling much more than perpetual annoyance at the world in general. He doesn't often worry, nor does he fear much. However, there are topics he wants to avoid talking or thinking about to the point that he almost panics when they are brought up. He doesn't lose control, but he's really adamant about not wanting them addressed. Pretty much all of these topics regard his family, most notably his parents. Roy is very loyal to and appreciative of his friends, though he neither seeks new ones out nor shows them he cares. He would stick up for someone he trusts in any situation, while his emotionally unresponsive attitude makes it so he himself is not as trusted as he perhaps should be. He also doesn't intend to be as intimidating as he usually comes across, but doesn't go out of his way to avoid it either. Additionally, he is often underestimated because people tend to assume that his power is somehow fueled by his suit. He uses this to his advantage to catch human enemies off guard. Whenever anyone expresses surprise at his strength while not wearing his suit, he'll tell them 'You never asked me about my semblance'; a sentence he's uttered so often that it's a bit of a running gag among his team members. When really angered to the point of physical violence, Roy is hard to talk out of fighting. Although, while easily annoyed, he doesn't often let it get that far. If it does get to that point, however, it's for someone else's sake. He'll never fight for his own needs or in petty arguments. He much rather lets his intimidating stature and some unexpected yelling (as a change from his regular flat, monotone voice) do the talking in the case of a hostile encounter. Interestingly, his recently acquired friends at the academy have been doing a good job at cracking his harsh emotional exterior, and he's been starting to warm up to them and open up emotionally much more than he ever has in the past. 

[LOOKS] (NOTE: the way I drew his armor here is no longer entirely accurate! The 'weapons' section has the most current design sketches.)

roy_lazuli_by_animeannemarie-daagly1.png

Large in many ways, Roy looks nothing short of intimidating. From his height (his 2.06 meters surpassing most adults, and he's still getting taller with age) and bulky muscle mass, to his long, wild, deep blue hair and his piercing golden eyes. He has two bangs on each side of his face, but the rest of his spiked hair is swept back and, with a slight curl, comes all the way down to just above his legs. Though he wears his armor, specifically made to fit him by his father's company, throughout most of the day, he wears a plain white t-shirt and blue boxershorts with his logo in white on the outsides of the pant legs below said armor. His body is very well trained and muscular, providing Roy with a lot of raw strength and stamina independent of his semblance. 

[BACKSTORY] Many people that meet Roy fear him due to his last name. They'd ask him if he is 'The son of' which he'd have to confirm. Seph Lazuli, founder and owner of Lazuli weapon productions, and Roy's father, is an infamous man. Notoriously violent and cruel to his workers, the majority of which are rumored to be unwilling faunus, a genius when it comes to designing deadly, advanced weaponry, and even bigger, stronger and more intimidating than Roy is himself, he was not exactly the best father. For as long as he can remember, Roy has been personally trained and pushed to his absolute bodily limits by his father, who didn't exactly have the best in mind for his son; what he wants, instead, is a powerful human weapon. That's also why he had Raging Bull, Roy's armor, developed and designed specifically for him. Roy never felt the need to use any weapon in battle besides his own close-range combat skills and strength. That's why his stated 'weapon' is just this armor. Wearing it protects him from some of the sources of injury his semblance doesn't already protect against and also provides some extra offensive power with its spikes. Although his semblance is what makes him able to lift and wear, not to mention move around in, his incredibly heavy suit of armor, his raw strength saves him from being crushed inside of it were all his aura to suddenly deplete. Now, though his father is as rich and influential as he is racist towards faunus, something many people hold against Roy, Roy himself has never gotten to benefit from his father's money, as his father would greatly restrict him in where he was allowed to go and what he was allowed to do. Furthermore, Roy doesn't know his mother. His father claims she just left some day, but Roy doesn't buy it. His father has had many wives, who all supposedly suddenly left him without warning, yet no one ever saw again. No one ever speaks up to Seph about this, however, as they fear him. Unbeknownst to Roy himself, he actually witnessed what happened to his mother when he was about nine years old. However, he's repressed the memory and unconsciously blocks himself from remembering it. The antlers above his father's fireplace stared him right in the face, however, and he's always felt awful looking at them. Regardless, eventually, Roy had enough of his father's love-less behavior. Nothing Roy did was ever good enough or appreciated, and living in the cold winter of Atlas, his father always threatened Roy that he'd die if he left. However, he did, and with some of his father's cash, stolen while he slept, Roy set out to get as far away from his awful parent as possible. Afraid that his father would have enough connections at every official academy to simply look him up in the registers and find him, Roy sought to join the unofficial, unacknowledged Sentry Academy, located somewhere in Mistral. He was quickly admitted after he demonstrated his fighting prowess, and he has since joined Plum Burgundy, Bibi Bumbelle and Liam Nixx in team PRBL. 

[WEAPONS] Raging Bull

l9xn1kq.jpg

It is much less a weapon than it is just a big, heavy piece of armor; much too heavy for any normal person to wear, even one of its gloves being difficult to lift off the ground. It covers the entire body, save the head; it features no helmet. Though its parts are designed to fit the wearer perfectly and function together flawlessly as a whole, it really consists of multiple parts. A thin, slightly bronze-ish orange bottom layer and a heavy, metal, bright blue top layer which itself is also made up of several parts. These are the gloves starting below the elbow (and excluding the fingers), the chest region with Roy's logo in darker blue on the left breast (the piece covering most of the ribcage), the pelvic area (shaped pretty much like briefs), the legs down to the ankles (which is really two separate sections, as the non-covered knees separate the top part from bottom part), the feet (which exclude the heel and the toes) and a big cover that goes over the shoulders and the chest's armor piece. Some of the edges of the segments have gold-colored ridges; the top of the arm parts, the bottom of the shoulder cover, the top and bottom of all leg areas, the top part of the feet and the bottom part of the chest piece. All separate segments are tightened around each body part they're specifically shaped for. However, they can be taken off when they un-tighten, getting slightly looser with a small 'psh' sound as they finally let in some air.  Below all these armor pieces, the aforementioned thin, full-body armor, which is reminiscent of chainmail, is worn so that even those joins and body areas not covered by the top layer of armor are protected. It consists of horizontal metal strips specifically fabricated to protect the vital areas it's draped over from fatal wounds. This way, though the heavy armor spares these areas, the neck, upper arms and elbows, knees, ankles, inner thighs, stomach, fingers, toes and heels are also protected while still able to move around freely, unrestricted by rigid metal plating. Furthermore, parts of the entire armor set have giant, slightly curved spikes on them. On the shoulders, extending outward, and closer to the neck, facing upward. Also on the elbows, facing outward and up, two on both hands' knuckles, facing downward, and on the knees and on the top of the feet, facing upward. Lastly, a whole strip of five them, facing upward, runs along the spine, meaning some are on the blue, heavy plating, and some on the orange "chainmail" piece. These five normally point almost downwards, but when the back is arched or flexed, this movement causes the strip to curve in a way that makes them stand up. Finally, the cover over the shoulders has a mechanism that can angle it so that the back rises up. This way, the two large spikes pointing up near the neck now protrude from near the ears, extending in the same direction the head faces, looking like bull horns.

[EMBLEM] A front view of a bull's head, the circular negative space between the horns extending in a thin line downwards. Two extra squares are added on the left end of this extension, which effectively shapes the aforementioned negative space from the horns down after a key. The bullhead shape could also be interpreted as a long beard, the space between the bull's horns now being the space where a mouth would go. It's the same shade of blue as Roy's overall color theme.

[SEMBLANCE] Toughness: This semblance makes it so that Roy is effectively immune to nearly all blunt force trauma. Be it hitting, slamming, launching, falling, or anything else; it would have to be incredibly powerful to even slightly hurt or displace him. In addition, Roy gains exceptional strength (this is mostly a side effect of the muscles being 'immune', in a way, to great exertion, though no super speed is gained; the muscles are tough, not quick). The use of this semblance is limited to Roy's control and current amount of aura. If he runs out of aura, the otherwise passive power of blunt force resistance, and with that, great strength, fully loses its effects. Also, even with full aura levels, Roy remains entirely vulnerable to anything that pierces, stabs, slashes, or whatever else doesn't rely on blunt force.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33542270 - 1 month ago

In reply to JymaruCrew Oh shit, you've made Fakemon too? Have you ever drawn them? Please PM me with images if you have! I'd love to see them! heart_eyes

• Angelus987

Angelus987 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Archangel of Prowess

#33542276 - 1 month ago

In reply to Sosen7x

Yes please! That'd be amazing!

• Jester000

Jester000

#33542281 - 1 month ago

Honestly I wish Rooster Teeth would actually have a character design contest, where certain characters get to make cameos in RWBY. Can you imagine how epic that would be and it's not like they haven't done that already

Remember team NDGO, Yeah they were a completely fan created team who were even voiced by their creators. If they can get a shot at that, why not us.

• Xyonai

#33542282 - 1 month ago

In reply to Jester000

They got a shot through the Indigogo campaign (Hence the team name). 

• RoseMaryM

RoseMaryM FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PYREverse Artist

#33542286 - 1 month ago

In reply to Jester000

Probably because NDGO's creators spent a metric ton of money to get their characters in, seeing as it was a stretchgoal for one of their Indiegogo campaigns (hence Indigo).

That aside: I'm pretty sure that in an actual contest they'd probably favour OCs with artwork, which some ppl might find unfair (just commission an artist to get your OC drawn then >.>)

And some OC creators actually don't like the idea since their OCs tend to already ahve established stories and canons that don't line up with RWBY's canon timeline.

That being siad: There are tons of pros and cons and ultimately it's up to the cRWBY if they want to do it. They are considering it last time I heard. (Or at least the idea wasn't off the table completely)

• JymaruCrew

JymaruCrew

#33542289 - 1 month ago

In reply to Xyonai

[Fronting: Jy]

Certainly you'd be as unstoppable as me I am probably very stoppable

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33542301 - 1 month ago

In reply to RoseMaryM

They were asked about it at the Friday RWBY panel of RTX 2016 and the answer was that it was still an idea on the table. So not a confirmation, but definitely not a refutation yet, either.

(Though it's certainly some long odds, given they've already put RWBY OCs into the show and sorting through all the entries would be a logistical nightmare.)

• Sosen7x

Sosen7x FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Comet

#33542329 - 1 month ago

In reply to Angelus987

Depends on how ambitious I feel.  There's still a crap load of models that I want to finish/start.  Environments and rigging will be an absolute hell but I kinda feel like I've made some painfully bad strides but strides none the less that I learned from so might as well continue.  Sidenote if I go that far it would probably be something more established like Al's Ragnarok since the story is written and would just need the visuals created.

• Jester000

Jester000

#33542366 - 1 month ago

In reply to RoseMaryM

Hey I know about that and i get it, but still wish they would give us other parties a chance to show off our OC characters and get a chance is all. 

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33542371 - 1 month ago

Honestly I feel like I am very much against the OC contest idea at this point. It made sense in Volume 1/2 when it was just Monty's passion project that RT was backing, but now it's gotten too big. The audience is insanly big compared to what it was then and more international than it ever was with more dubs on the way. The logistics of it, the tens of thousands of entrants they'd get, the vast majority of which would probably be about as well written as a twilight novel or worse, all to get one or at most 4 winners out of it doesn't seem worth the time or effort anymore to try and then fit those characters into the main series.  Now maybe if they did a sidestory thing like RVB14 that would be different, but as it stands, I think RWBY has grown too much as the main series for this to be viable or fun anymore. 

In reply to Jester000

To this I say, "Create and be happy". Do not look to the impossible for some vague sense of fulfilment, as most likely you would be disappointed. Make what you want, show it your friends and find satisfaction in your work that way. Aiming high will always leave you with a sore neck, and everything below will feel medicore no matter how enjoyable it should be.

• Tuckapenguin

Tuckapenguin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33542382 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Well spoken! Sadly the RWBY fandom is a bit of an echo chamber with thousands screaming into the void. Having a nice little community you can be a part of, and building a reputation for quality OCs such as this one can be just as fulfilling as fandom wide adoration.

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33542387 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

You forgot the important part about hanging with the Forum Family! :P

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33542398 - 1 month ago

Hey, can I just say that I think this forum might actually be one of my favourite parts of the entire RWBY community (tied with the show itself, even). It's so cool to be able to share something like an OC and see everyone else's, and it's especially cool to do it where everyone is cool and not ultra-critical. So yeah. 

Random thankfulness! Whoooo!

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33542428 - 1 month ago

(Like with Plum, I'd be 100% super mega thankful to anyone willing to fully read through and subsequently review Roy's bio in-depth! Sorry if it seems I'm pushing myself on the subject matter, I'm just very excited for your feedback!)

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33542448 - 1 month ago

In reply to JadeTerraza

I know right? I used to frequent the RWBY subreddit and it feels good to be able to get critique on a regular basis here.

Not that there's anything wrong with the subreddit, but sometimes of the constructive criticism got a bit... Uncivilized

cv78RkM.gif

• Sosen7x

#33542503 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

In reply to Tuckapenguin

Well said as well.  Had RWBY stayed small scale then the alure of the OC contest would be much better.  Now however, it becomes a struggle to stand out in what would really be an ocean of others.  Something like this here, feels more inviting.  More satisfaction can come from this smaller section of the community cause we create for ourselves and post here.  Other's critiques and/or praise help us get better and drive us to do more.  Sure RWBY got me to start trying 3D modeling, but with how big it's grown and this commuinity, I want to attempt something big of my own  I need something to challenge Mark Zhang.

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Alright guys, here he is!

[NAME] Roy Lazuli.

[GENDER] Male.

[AGE] 17.

[SPECIES] Human.

[OCCUPATION/EDUCATION] First-year student at Sentry Academy.

[COLOR THEME] (Royal) Blue.

[REFERENCE/ALLUSION] Bluebeard (though Roy's father shares more traits with this fairy tale character than Roy does himself).

[PERSONALITY] Stoic might be an understatement. Few will see Roy cry, but even fewer might ever get to see him smile. Though not apathetic by any means, Roy just has a lot of frustration built up that he can't exactly let out without seriously injuring or completely destroying someone or something. He's not necessarily violent however, and has enough restraint to warn anyone trying to provoke him into any type of physical combat to stop doing so while they can. Yet, all his anger, built up throughout his youth, keeps him from feeling much more than perpetual annoyance at the world in general. He doesn't often worry, nor does he fear much. However, there are topics he wants to avoid talking or thinking about to the point that he almost panics when they are brought up. He doesn't lose control, but he's really adamant about not wanting them addressed. Pretty much all of these topics regard his family, most notably his parents. Roy is very loyal to and appreciative of his friends, though he neither seeks new ones out nor shows them he cares. He would stick up for someone he trusts in any situation, while his emotionally unresponsive attitude makes it so he himself is not as trusted as he perhaps should be. He also doesn't intend to be as intimidating as he usually comes across, but doesn't go out of his way to avoid it either. Additionally, he is often underestimated because people tend to assume that his power is somehow fueled by his suit. He uses this to his advantage to catch human enemies off guard. Whenever anyone expresses surprise at his strength while not wearing his suit, he'll tell them 'You never asked me about my semblance'; a sentence he's uttered so often that it's a bit of a running gag among his team members. When really angered to the point of physical violence, Roy is hard to talk out of fighting. Although, while easily annoyed, he doesn't often let it get that far. If it does get to that point, however, it's for someone else's sake. He'll never fight for his own needs or in petty arguments. He much rather lets his intimidating stature and some unexpected yelling (as a change from his regular flat, monotone voice) do the talking in the case of a hostile encounter. Interestingly, his recently acquired friends at the academy have been doing a good job at cracking his harsh emotional exterior, and he's been starting to warm up to them and open up emotionally much more than he ever has in the past. 
    Strong silent type...quite literally!  Good thing is you gave reason for it.  His personality isn't just to be cool, you've pieced it together with his backstory quite nicely.

[LOOKS] (NOTE: the way I drew his armor here is no longer entirely accurate! The 'weapons' section has the most current design sketches.)
    roy_lazuli_by_animeannemarie-daagly1.png

Large in many ways, Roy looks nothing short of intimidating. From his height (his 2.06 meters surpassing most adults, and he's still getting taller with age) and bulky muscle mass, to his long, wild, deep blue hair and his piercing golden eyes. He has two bangs on each side of his face, but the rest of his spiked hair is swept back and, with a slight curl, comes all the way down to just above his legs. Though he wears his armor, specifically made to fit him by his father's company, throughout most of the day, he wears a plain white t-shirt and blue boxershorts with his logo in white on the outsides of the pant legs below said armor. His body is very well trained and muscular, providing Roy with a lot of raw strength and stamina independent of his semblance. 
    Tell that boy to put some damn pants on yang

[BACKSTORY] Many people that meet Roy fear him due to his last name. They'd ask him if he is 'The son of' which he'd have to confirm. Seph Lazuli, founder and owner of Lazuli weapon productions, and Roy's father, is an infamous man. Notoriously violent and cruel to his workers, the majority of which are rumored to be unwilling faunus, a genius when it comes to designing deadly, advanced weaponry, and even bigger, stronger and more intimidating than Roy is himself, he was not exactly the best father. For as long as he can remember, Roy has been personally trained and pushed to his absolute bodily limits by his father, who didn't exactly have the best in mind for his son; what he wants, instead, is a powerful human weapon. That's also why he had Raging Bull, Roy's armor, developed and designed specifically for him. Roy never felt the need to use any weapon in battle besides his own close-range combat skills and strength. That's why his stated 'weapon' is just this armor. Wearing it protects him from some of the sources of injury his semblance doesn't already protect against and also provides some extra offensive power with its spikes. Although his semblance is what makes him able to lift and wear, not to mention move around in, his incredibly heavy suit of armor, his raw strength saves him from being crushed inside of it were all his aura to suddenly deplete. Now, though his father is as rich and influential as he is racist towards faunus, something many people hold against Roy, Roy himself has never gotten to benefit from his father's money, as his father would greatly restrict him in where he was allowed to go and what he was allowed to do. Furthermore, Roy doesn't know his mother. His father claims she just left some day, but Roy doesn't buy it. His father has had many wives, who all supposedly suddenly left him without warning, yet no one ever saw again. No one ever speaks up to Seph about this, however, as they fear him. Unbeknownst to Roy himself, he actually witnessed what happened to his mother when he was about nine years old. However, he's repressed the memory and unconsciously blocks himself from remembering it. The antlers above his father's fireplace stared him right in the face, however, and he's always felt awful looking at them. Regardless, eventually, Roy had enough of his father's love-less behavior. Nothing Roy did was ever good enough or appreciated, and living in the cold winter of Atlas, his father always threatened Roy that he'd die if he left. However, he did, and with some of his father's cash, stolen while he slept, Roy set out to get as far away from his awful parent as possible. Afraid that his father would have enough connections at every official academy to simply look him up in the registers and find him, Roy sought to join the unofficial, unacknowledged Sentry Academy, located somewhere in Mistral. He was quickly admitted after he demonstrated his fighting prowess, and he has since joined Plum Burgundy, Bibi Bumbelle and Liam Nixx in team PRBL. 
    Nope, nope, Seph is a pure blooded ass and I'm sure there at least a half dozen characters that want him dead.  Roy on the other hand got a vat of shit from one hell of a father figure.

[WEAPONS] Raging Bull
    l9xn1kq.jpg

It is much less a weapon than it is just a big, heavy piece of armor; much too heavy for any normal person to wear, even one of its gloves being difficult to lift off the ground. It covers the entire body, save the head; it features no helmet. Though its parts are designed to fit the wearer perfectly and function together flawlessly as a whole, it really consists of multiple parts. A thin, slightly bronze-ish orange bottom layer and a heavy, metal, bright blue top layer which itself is also made up of several parts. These are the gloves starting below the elbow (and excluding the fingers), the chest region with Roy's logo in darker blue on the left breast (the piece covering most of the ribcage), the pelvic area (shaped pretty much like briefs), the legs down to the ankles (which is really two separate sections, as the non-covered knees separate the top part from bottom part), the feet (which exclude the heel and the toes) and a big cover that goes over the shoulders and the chest's armor piece. Some of the edges of the segments have gold-colored ridges; the top of the arm parts, the bottom of the shoulder cover, the top and bottom of all leg areas, the top part of the feet and the bottom part of the chest piece. All separate segments are tightened around each body part they're specifically shaped for. However, they can be taken off when they un-tighten, getting slightly looser with a small 'psh' sound as they finally let in some air.  Below all these armor pieces, the aforementioned thin, full-body armor, which is reminiscent of chainmail, is worn so that even those joins and body areas not covered by the top layer of armor are protected. It consists of horizontal metal strips specifically fabricated to protect the vital areas it's draped over from fatal wounds. This way, though the heavy armor spares these areas, the neck, upper arms and elbows, knees, ankles, inner thighs, stomach, fingers, toes and heels are also protected while still able to move around freely, unrestricted by rigid metal plating. Furthermore, parts of the entire armor set have giant, slightly curved spikes on them. On the shoulders, extending outward, and closer to the neck, facing upward. Also on the elbows, facing outward and up, two on both hands' knuckles, facing downward, and on the knees and on the top of the feet, facing upward. Lastly, a whole strip of five them, facing upward, runs along the spine, meaning some are on the blue, heavy plating, and some on the orange "chainmail" piece. These five normally point almost downwards, but when the back is arched or flexed, this movement causes the strip to curve in a way that makes them stand up. Finally, the cover over the shoulders has a mechanism that can angle it so that the back rises up. This way, the two large spikes pointing up near the neck now protrude from near the ears, extending in the same direction the head faces, looking like bull horns.
    Not often we see armor straight up used as a weapon.  The horns near his head seem like they would limit his head movement/vision a bit.  Looking at his armor as a weapon, I'm thinking he's a very up close, physical fighter, literally throwing himself into people.  I'm kind of curious given the bull like appearance of the armor, has he ever run like a bull into someone?

[EMBLEM] A front view of a bull's head, the circular negative space between the horns extending in a thin line downwards. Two extra squares are added on the left end of this extension, which effectively shapes the aforementioned negative space from the horns down after a key. The bullhead shape could also be interpreted as a long beard, the space between the bull's horns now being the space where a mouth would go. It's the same shade of blue as Roy's overall color theme.

[SEMBLANCE] Toughness: This semblance makes it so that Roy is effectively immune to nearly all blunt force trauma. Be it hitting, slamming, launching, falling, or anything else; it would have to be incredibly powerful to even slightly hurt or displace him. In addition, Roy gains exceptional strength (this is mostly a side effect of the muscles being 'immune', in a way, to great exertion, though no super speed is gained; the muscles are tough, not quick). The use of this semblance is limited to Roy's control and current amount of aura. If he runs out of aura, the otherwise passive power of blunt force resistance, and with that, great strength, fully loses its effects. Also, even with full aura levels, Roy remains entirely vulnerable to anything that pierces, stabs, slashes, or whatever else doesn't rely on blunt force.
    Okay, now he definitely just goes reckless in a fight, throwing himself at any and everything that moves!  The weakness of no true protection from bladed weapons and firearms at least gives people a chance to actually hurt him as opposed to him being just plain OP

Sorry I couldn't put more, I did want to go a bit more in depth but at least wanted to post something since I did the one before.  Thinking about it now you have perpetual happiness and stoic personified together on a team.  That dynamic seems interesting.
    Slightly unrelated and in no way am I trying to suggest this but the weapon and semblance have me thinking what would happen when an unstoppable force (Rhonwen Darrow) meets an unmovable object (Roy Lazuli).

• DisneyDCFan

DisneyDCFan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Ace of Hearts

#33542536 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Completely agreed.

I'll be forever grateful to Monty and to the creator of this thread for inspiring me to create Team LYLC, my first ever and in my opinion, best, team of OCs, however I'm now at a point where most of the OCs I create I wouldn't want to ever enter into an OC contest because I feel like at this point in RWBY, and with RT, it's much too big and set in stone for any of my OCs to ever get the attention and backstories I think our OCs deserve, and it's why my writing partner and I have decided to use Lilac in our own original series where I know they'll get the treatment I've always imagined for them, and then some.

RWBY is too big a show for our OCs to ever become as recognizable and important as we've planned them to be, and as much as I love the idea of an OC contest, all of the current OCs I have now I likely wouldn't enter because I care about them way too much to offer them up for what will likely be just a miniscule role, never to be seen again. If there ever is an official OC contest, I'll probably just throw some designs at people who want them and keep my back stories for bigger and better things.

I do greatly admire all of the talent of the people in this thread and in this fandom, and I believe a lot of us have the potential to do something great with our characters that RT might not ever have the capacity to do for us.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33542581 - 1 month ago

In reply to DisneyDCFan

That's... one way to look at it.

I guess that, from the perspective of someone who wants to work at Rooster Teeth one day, I mostly just see a hypothetical OC contest as a potential way to get RT-senpai to notice me and my artwork/design talents, even for a few moments. Like, even if Team CABL or ASHH or PRSM or whoever I entered didn't get in (and let's be real, they wouldn't), at least someone form RT would look at them and maybe be impressed enough to remember my name. Maybe that's cold or pragmatic or maybe it's the other way around and is just too idealistic, but eh.

(Also I don't really intend on doing anything "great" with my RWBY OCs. They're there because I had an idea for a concept that I wanted to solidify. Everything beyond that is a great big ol' shrug emoji. So I never feel that whole "nooooo these characters have TOO MUCH NARRATIVE to be sacrificed to canon" feeling, y'know?)