Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (84429)

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33545715 - 1 year ago

Reveiwing is based on skills, I think. Outfit and character designs aren't my overall strong point, so you'll never get a solid reveiw from me on those, similarly Semblances aren't my best either. But Weapons, Backstory and any use of historically themed armour are points I absolutely can and absolutely do give info on. I remember quite a while back now I ended up writing a 1000 word post on the logistics of axe handles when someone presented one as a perfect clynider. good times.

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33545746 - 1 year ago

In reply to AlbionBard

1,000 words? What are you, Al?

Speaking of ancient arms, would you know anything special about the Ulfbehrt Sword?

I've only just now started researching  but have been fascinated with the blade for a few years.

Also have stumbled across Oakeshott Type X which refers to the Ulfbehrt as well

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33545752 - 1 year ago

In reply to GenErick64

No more than is commonly avaliable knowledge really. They are a fascinating bit of history though

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33546732 - 1 year ago

In reply to Tuckapenguin

For some reason I had it in my head that you're Australian.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33546940 - 1 year ago

New character who dis?

eJUzPEX.jpg

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33546965 - 1 year ago

In reply to jVictor

I don't know but he needs a pale horse

• Xuelder

Xuelder FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Some Sort of Art Boi

#33546968 - 1 year ago

In reply to jVictor

He looks like you made an abomination a masterpiece in Bloodborne.

• AlbionBard

#33546980 - 1 year ago

On the note of New characters, my current trend is fleshing out the parents and similar figures to my existing characters, and hopefully some time tomorrow I should be able to show off the profile for Harleah Bray, Mother a Forrest Bray,Chieftess of the Emerald Weald clan and a woman of very deep spirituality with a very...Mindful Semblance 

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33547561 - 1 year ago

Does anyone know what time Jymaru is usually online? I had an idea for a character with Dissociation identity disorder after learning a little about it in psychology class and watching the movie "Sybil" this past week, but I wanted to ask some (and by some I mean a ton) of questions regarding DID to make sure I don't misinterpret anything. I was thinking of making the character very loosely inspired by a rainbow, with each personality being associated with a color of the rainbow, and the original personality being white, which is, as almost everyone knows, the color of the entire light spectrum without being shattered.

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33548112 - 1 year ago

In reply to jVictor

He reminds me of a medieval doctor.

In reply to AlbionBard

That sounds like a pun.

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33548114 - 1 year ago

So I got some slightly bad news. (And a prompt)

I was in my school's Math Lab yesterday working on my math work, when some kid across the room decided it would be hi-fucking-larious to throw a mechanical pencil across the room and see everyone's reaction. The pencil, through some horrid twist of fate, stuck me in the eyelid and now I can barely open my left eye. Good news is that nothing is permanently damaged and I just have to wear an eye-patch until the eye and eyelid heal up enough for me to open them without any pain or irritation.

So my prompt is this: What characters do you have who are blind or have loss in vision? And how did they overcome this setback physically, mentally, and emotionally?

• vohxus

vohxus Illidari

#33548120 - 1 year ago

In reply to Capcans2

Grey's dad, Bale is blind from a sword strike to both eyes. When he first lost it he was fine, he thought this was another way to train his other senses. He always believes that losing something means you can gain more from it. Since he has not had eye sight for so long, his other senses such as hearing and smelling have become more acute.

(Also, I hope you feel better)

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33548133 - 1 year ago

In reply to likemice

His design is based purely on me combining elements of a pirate and a ninja. His mask combines elements from a European plague mask and a Japanese Tengu mask.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33548154 - 1 year ago

In reply to Capcans2 I have a teacher character that I'm working on who I think will be wearing an eyepatch. I haven't developed her much yet though, so nothing yet on how she overcomes this disability. Sorry for the lame answer, I guess!

• JadeTerraza

JadeTerraza

#33548155 - 1 year ago

Hey guys? I posted my OC Iridiana Mabbit back on page 3130. I didn't get any reviews or comments. It kind of got swept away in a tidal wave of posts. And I get that, it happens all the time. I was just wondering if anyone would go back and tell me what they think? Give an honest opinion or reveiw? I'd really, really appreciate it!!!

Also, In reply to Capcans2

I don't have any OC's with vision loss, but I do have one with only one arm (she was born that way). She wears a cool plug on it and has always just sort of had it. She's used to it and makes up for the lack of balance with the plug on her arm stub.

So that was a physical disability, if not exactly the prompt ^-^

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33548174 - 1 year ago

Oh, can I also bypass the prompt? I have a character who was born physically very weak. He is thin and his own muscles can barely support his body. For this reason, he wears a full-body exoskeleton to move around properly. This thing is his weapon at the same time, and he's made wings for it as well. I've been posting the members of team PRBL lately, of which he is the 4th, so after I post Bibi, you guys should get to read more about him!

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33548180 - 1 year ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

The prompt could basically be any disability or physical/mental impairment. I just focused on the loss of sight because of personal reasons.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33548182 - 1 year ago

In reply to Capcans2 Speaking of which, hope you get well soon! 

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548184 - 1 year ago

In reply to Capcans2 Hopefully that kid got in trouble or at least reprimanded in some way. Also i hope your eye heals fast. As for the prompt well...i do have one blind character but after posting some info about her here well...she didnt get the kinda reviews i expected and i understand why. But she was born blind and over time she naturally developed higher senses allowing her to do normal everyday tasks without as much trouble. But after joining the military and being trained for a special team of fighters she was taught how to use a form of echo location which allows her to see to an extent. But i made her before i actually got good enough at writing to make quality characters so yeah.

• AlbionBard

#33548207 - 1 year ago

In reply to Vohxus

my most interesting for this is Fionn O'denn. After he loses his love and their child, Liadan and jade, he became grief striken and fought for days at a time,  restless and fighting as many Grimm as he could and taking dangerous contracts. It all came to head when a nevermore feather took out his eye. Recovering from that brought him to his senses which lead him to retire and found Valhalla. You might say he traded his eye for wisdom  (why yes I am proud of how I wove Fionn's allusion into his back story, :p )

• likemice

#33548208 - 1 year ago

In reply to jVictor

Dr. Ninja Pirate

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548220 - 1 year ago

Oh hey, does anyone have the link to the unofficial Character Sheet Template?

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548235 - 1 year ago

In reply to Xyonai Thanks! I was getting tired of using already finished character sheets so this helps a lot!

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33548263 - 1 year ago

Hey does anyone have any ideas for what a Female, Oni inspired character would wear? I tried looking for refs on google but so far everything is super sexualized and impractical in terms of battle ready equipment. I want a type of outfit that shows off my characters strong build while also keeping things modest.