Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (82664)

• darkdill

darkdill

#16373299 - 3 years ago

I'm surprised no one has done this yet. Basically, if you've got an idea for a RWBY-verse character, post it up here. :)

I'll start with one. No need to follow the format, but it helps.

Name: Robyn Sherwood (play on Robin Hood)

Appearance: Looks like this (I didn't draw this)
    FE152.jpg
    Found here: danbooru.donmai.us/posts/645060 (this site can be NSFW)

Weapon of Choice: Composite Blade Longbow (the bow can be split into a pair of daggers when needed, or just be used as a large blade in its bow form)

Personality: Congenial, almost to a fault. Very altruistic; would willingly break the law if for the greater good. Lived in poverty, so she hates rich, snobby people (i.e. Weiss) (though she gets along well enough with Pyrrha). Loves animals (doesn't extend to monsters, thankfully). Claustrophobic.

Skills: Can shoot a bird in the eye about a kilometer away, FLYING. Very acrobatic (like most of the other girls) and pretty good at knife-fighting, but she prefers to use her bow. Knowledgeable about Dust crystals (which she uses for special arrowheads; she normally uses steel arrows, though). Skilled at picking peoples' pockets when needed.

Aura Semblance: Eagle Vision
    Robyn's vision is beyond 20/20; she can see things from miles away, and perceive things others cannot. It even lets her see things through most solid objects (kinda like X-ray vision, but better). (Think of it like Eagle Vision from the Assassin's Creed series.)

History: Lost her parents years ago over a Dust mine incident, which the Schnee family was partially responsible for. Lived on the streets for years, stealing to survive, but often giving away what she stole to the poor. Was arrested at age 16 and scouted by Beacon, who ordered her release into their custody. Enrolled at Beacon one year later.

Dislikes: Weiss (eventually gets over it), enclosed spaces.

-----

Anyone wanna try?

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16381522 - 3 years ago

It's always fun to see what everyone creates Original Character wise :) This is definitely fun :) I'll submit mine later today! :D

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#16381839 - 3 years ago

Between all the various websites (rwbyforums, the RWBY subreddit, the RWBY wiki, and roosterteeth) there needs to be some universal place were all of these OCs can be posted.

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16382235 - 3 years ago

There already is technically with the RWBY Fanon Wiki

But a lot of artists don't post their characters there because they feel its what sets the entire character in stone especially with the show constantly revealing new things. It gets tricky

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#16382281 - 3 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #4:

Hey now, wikis were made to be edited.

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16382294 - 3 years ago

In reply to jVictor, #5:

True enough. But I'm not often a big fan of wiki's because most articles can't be locked. So that means ANYONE could touch, edit, or steal your work too.

• jVictor

#16382383 - 3 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #6:

That's always a risk when putting your stuff on the internet. But in the end, it's all about being willing to put yourself out there. Lots of people get nervous about exposing themselves to criticism. But the way I see it, OCs are by the fans, for the fans, and are just another way for the fanbase to express their creativity. It's all part of the fun. And Monty and Co basically giving their blessing to fan created content doesn't hurt either.

That said, I may have something for this thread in a little while.

• Hussein

Hussein

#16382444 - 3 years ago

Oh my god I thought of the same weapon before.

• Hussein

Hussein

#16382631 - 3 years ago

Okay I've been thinking about this one for a while.

Name: Onyx Darkcloak (I'm bad at names, up for change)

Appearance: Wears a black cloak that has a collar that goes up to his nose. Black, messy hair and dark eyes. (bit generic rouge but it works.)

Weapon of Choice: Two special daggers with a cannon at the end of them(kinda like roman's cane). They have a spin-able end on them that is embedded with runes(fire, ice, and explosion). The rune it is set to decides the projectile shot. Flame shoots fire, ice shoots ice shards, and the explosion shoots explosive missiles (like ruby's sniper.) Its pretty complicated but he can work with it smoothly and can change settings in between blows.

Personality: Very concealed and is an introvert, much more than blake even. Won't pick a fight but if he or anyway he cares about is confronted will surely stand and fight. Big bomb but long fuse. Enjoys outward people but cant stand selfish people. His faults are mainly how he is so shy that he sometimes cuts himself off from the world entirely and how he has little self esteem. He will, however, go to the limit to help people. Strong moral code Enjoys nature to a poetic extent. Writes poetry in private :)

Skills: Agility and speed. Hand to hand combat. Works best in a forest or city, basically something with a lot of obstacles. Good at tracking and is pretty knowledgable. At his full extent his moves are almost instantaneous.

Aura Semblance: Time slow.
    His speed is boosted so high that the world slows for a short time that allows him to make quick decisions, do multiple things at a short time, and react to dire situations. This, however, causes his accuracy to suffer (must do everything at almost point blank) and weakens him for a moment after it is over.

History: Was orphaned as a child (like many other characters) when his parents were murdered before his eyes by an unknown gang member. He proceeded to jump and the taunting gang member and brutally murders him with a fork. Steals his weapon, which is the one he uses today. Lives off the street for the next couple of years. He then comes to the conclusion that there is no justice in the world and becomes an assassin for hire. Ends up working for several gangs until he ends up in Roman's group. After seeing the horror of his plans he runs away and seeks shelter at Beacon. Ozpin sees promise in him and agrees to protect him in return for his enrollment. He keeps his past a secret from all his friends. (which consist of RWBY and JNPR)

Likes: poetry, comedy, and just about everyone in the group.

Hates: Attention, CRDNL, Roman and Co., and endings.

------------------------------------------------

Let me know how I did. suggestions and likes are greatly appreciated! :)

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16382695 - 3 years ago

Here are my RWBY OC's I made with @IsaiahJordan

Emerald Locke
    brke___emeraldscene_by_isaiahjordan-d6rj

and Rekka Zhu Que
    brke___rekkascene_by_isaiahjordan-d6ra8h

• Hussein

Hussein

#16382996 - 3 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #10:

What are these designs for? Your own characters or someone else's?

• jVictor

#16383029 - 3 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #10:

Any backgrounds for these two?

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16383032 - 3 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #11:

These are my characters. Shape and form and weapons too. 2 of the 4 of the infamous Team BRKE made by me and @IsaiahJordan my "Partner In Crime"

• Hussein

Hussein

#16383033 - 3 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #13:

They look great. Emerald is my fav. I wish i could draw as well as you for my character. :)

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16383065 - 3 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #14:

Haha I wish I could take credit for drawing them. Isaiah does all the drawing I'm just the creative mind who comes up with the concepts and critiques for our designs every time.

• Hussein

Hussein

#16383101 - 3 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #15:

Either way I like the Idea of them being based off of Disney princesses. Mine is based off of just a character i played in D&D. I'm Curious to learn their history. You should do a full format like Darkdill did. It will give us more info on the characters.

• jVictor

#16383104 - 3 years ago

Let's keep this ball rolling then, shall we?

Name: Gawain Grunwald

Appearance: jVictor52392c4bbe0c5.jpg

Weapon: Compound Strike Blades: Sturmhunde. Individually, both swords (Named Donner and Blitz) are capable of functioning as both sabers and rifles. The swords can also combine into two alternate configurations: the zweihander form (as pictured) and the glaive form (not pictured). Gawain utilizes these configurations in a sort of stance system:
    1. Sparrow Hound: One blade in its rifle form, wielded with both hands for steady aim
    2. Duck Hound: Both blades in their rifle forms, dual wielded for suppressing fire
    3. Fox Hound: One blade in saber form, used in a fencing style
    4. Wolf Hound: Both blades in saber form, dual wielded
    5. Dragon Hound: Both blades combine to form the zweihander, a massive two-handed weapon with long reach
    6. Demon Hound: Both blades combine to form the glaive, a double-ended polearm capable of being thrown

In addition to his weapon, he also utilizes different combat uniforms. The first, Nacktwolfe (pictured), is his typical uniform worn on almost all occasions and for light field work. The second, Panzerwolfe (pictured
    here), is used for scenarios where protracted combat is expected (either long-term battle or tournaments). The third, Rasendwolfe (pictured here), is only used in the most dire circumstances due to how dangerous it is to use and (in Gawain's opinion) its ridiculous appearance.

Personality: Observant and attentive, Gawain is typically calm and quiet, opting to let his intimidating physical presence do the talking for him. He has a strong commitment to duty and honor, and possesses an innate sense of pursuing the security of others before himself. While not comfortable in a position of authority, he will not shirk the call to command. When in such a position he seeks to lead through example, while attempting to take as much responsibility upon himself as he can to alleviate those under him. That said, he's also a bit of an old chauvinist. He doesn't like the idea of women being deliberately put in danger, and often scoffs at would-be female fighters who have yet to prove themselves in his eyes. He considers female warriors to be a "waste of beauty".

Skills: Gawain boasts massive physical strength and stamina to match his already sizable frame. He puts his strength to use mostly through his superb swordsmanship. When unarmed (and lightly armored) he has a mastery of grappling and wrestling to fall back on. Such a fighting style allows him to utilize his strength without risking personal injury. When armored with Panzerwolfe his strength is restricted and his limbs are afforded additional protection, which allows him to perform a wider variety of hand-to-hand techniques (akin to kickboxing) without worrying about breaking his bones or tearing his tendons.

Aura Semblance: Lycanthropy
    The Grunwald family sigil is that of the Wolfdog. As such, Gawain has inherited the dual nature of this heraldic beast. By default, he embodies the "dog" nature: Loyal, attentive, helpful, and sociable. But in combat, he can consciously trigger the "wolf" nature: Aggressive, brutal, hostile, and monstrously strong. Activating the wolf nature effectively doubles his already considerable strength while sharpening his senses and amping up his aggression. Part of the reason Gawain dislikes using Rasendwolfe is because that armor is design specifically to amplify the semblance of its user, potentially changing Gawain from a combative warrior into a full-blown psychotic berserker .

History: Gawain, much like Jaune, was born into a family of warriors. His father, grandfather, and great-grandfather were all notable soldiers. Gawain's mother died of illness when he was young, and so Gawain spent much of his life being raised by his father, Gareth, and grandfather, Galahad. From them he learned the values of valor and chivalry, and grew up being told stories of heroic knights undergoing quests and protecting the weak and downtrodden. He met Weiss once when he was young (his father had taken a security job at the Schnee Dust Company) though he doubts she remembers him. Due to the nature of his father's work, Gawain too came to develop disgust for the White Fang, but recognizes that there is a difference between the White Fang and the general Faunus population.

Dislikes: Poetry, heights, thunderstorms, and being called a "dog" or variations thereof, the White Fang, and spicy foods.

Post edited 12/31/13 12:13AM

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16383109 - 3 years ago

Ill post Rekka's tomorrow possibly. Honestly Team BRKE is a constant WIP :) with new things always being revealed within RWBY the team is always subjected to constant updates :) I can however give the basics. Ill be writing a journal about it on my profile too on the basics of character design.

• Hussein

Hussein

#16383118 - 3 years ago

In reply to jVictor, #17:

I like the character. I also enjoy how you described his fighting stances as well. The chauvinist part is interesting because it would make interesting relationships with the main characters and it also shows a fault in an otherwise pretty perfect character. Job well done!

• Hussein

Hussein

#16383149 - 3 years ago

We have a rouge, a warrior, and an entire disney-themed team. I'm excited to see whats next.

• jVictor

#16383162 - 3 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #20:

Now if we could just find a cleric...

• Hussein

Hussein

#16383214 - 3 years ago

I'm also very surprised on the personality difference of these three characters. A proud and strong, a cheerful and friendly, and a shy and kind. If we could get a fourth it would be a very interesting group.

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16384340 - 3 years ago

Alright so...

Rekka Zhu Que of Team BRKE(Brooke)

brke___rekka_zhu_que_by_isaiahjordan-d6j

Name: Rekka Zhu Que
    Weapon Name: Guardian Dragon
    Weapon Type: DFVJ - Dragon Flame Vektor Jian
    Specialization: Tactician, Strategist
    Symbol Name: Blossom

Personality:

Rekka is in a word to describe her…arrogant. Similar to Weiss she has an air of arrogance about her but whereas Weiss’s stems from her social status and class Rekka’s stems from her own confidence and ability as a capable huntress in training.

Rekka has a very boyish attitude that given off by her unruly hair and attitude. She’s often teased by Emerald with the phrase, “A man trapped in a woman’s body.†Rekka as such is the least feminine girl you’ll ever meet despite her beautiful figure.

Rekka’s ego stems from her personal belief of shattering gender norms and that she thinks women are just as capable at fighting as men are. This arrogance has gotten her into trouble several times with a lot of guys but it also shows itself within her discipline to study and be the best she possibly can be.

As the smartest girl within Team BRKE she’s a capable strategist. In combat despite her ego and arrogance she is calm like a small ember before exploding into a raging wildfire at the opportune moment. When she finds her opportunity to strike Rekka becomes exceedingly merciless in the heat of battle against the creatures of Grimm.

She loves to ticker and toy with her weapons in her spare time and enjoys getting down and dirty with maintenance and fixing things. She’s also a big fan of tournament combat and always tries to enter any local tournaments being held. Her biggest goal being able to compete within the Vytal Festival Tournament and going up against her idol Pyrrha Nikos in one-on-one combat.

Weapon and Skills

Rekka is a talented marksmen with her Guns and equally talented tactician in the heat of combat. Rekka’s excellent aim makes her a capable long-range combatant with her weapons. Due to her love of tinkering and trying to upgrade her weapon a lot. Rekka has developed two specialized types of ammunition to load her gun with for certain situations that call for it.

The three types of ammunition are codenamed Normal, Dragon’s Fang, and Dragon’s Breath. Normal ammunition is just standard Vektor Ammunition ammo she uses for most situations. Her talent with her with her guns allows to perform trick shots such as ricocheting bullets off specific surfaces she like using lien coins for these trick shots cause she can throw them anywhere as a variable surface to work with if she’s hindered with a lack of an area to work with like an open plain for example. The second ammunition known as, “Dragon’s Fang†bullets are customized bullets with a sharper tip designed for Armor Piercing Capabilities as such these bullets are incapable of ricocheting off surfaces because of their design to pierce through thick carapaces and armours of the Grimm. The final type of Ammunition known as, “Dragon’s Breath†bullets are powdered dust loaded bullets designed to explode on impact when fired. These bullets extremely lethal and dangerous and are best saved against the most dangerous classes of Grimm. All Rekka’s bullets are custom made and forged by herself with all her bullets emblazoned with her symbol and the words, “Grimm Deathâ€

Rekka's considered the smartest of the teams girls which makes her an excellent tactician however because of her lack of restraint she's unsuited for the roles of leadership compared to Brooke. Rekka's job is to coordinates battle strategies based on Brooke's choices of formation as leader and they work from there to determine the best course of action on how to defeat their target.

That's all for revealment for now folks ;) I'll reveal more of Rekka's abilties like her semblance and the blade form of the Guardian Dragon another time.

• jVictor

#16384377 - 3 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #23:

I could see Ruby and Rekka both geeking out over each others respective weapons, or just weapons in general really.

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16384388 - 3 years ago

In reply to jVictor, #24:

Me and Isaiah have made that point on various occasions. I try to avoid personal and direct interactions or relationships with canon characters for now. I feel it hinders the characters creative measures as I like to put it. Indirect relations however like Rekka's idolization of Pyrrha I'm perfectly content with.