Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (219287)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33539758 - 3 months ago

In reply to Xelian

The way it has worked in the past is so long as you acknowledge they are leaving then its been okay.

So if the person is hounding them, they say in their closing X is 2 for example and someone comes after them on that and just goes to town on it then that does get snapped at,

Especially if it involves cussing or generally being a jerk.

To be clear I have seen the other side as well.

And it does come across as getting the last word if the leaving person is using insults for example I once had a poster call me the resident forum troll 2.0 then block me. Which just made it clear they were trying to get the last word as all it did is block them from seeing my posts but not the forum at large and that poster was shall we say bitter about the whole thing to the point MODS came down on him.

Basically it tends to boil down to dont be a jerk leaving and dont be a jerk acknowledging someone leaving.

Now its late over here and I need my sleep so good night

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33539812 - 3 months ago

That's a lot of words for a conversation that could be boiled down to "Sun is well-meaning but a goddamn idiot."

• Xelian

Xelian FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33540104 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

If it helps at all, my intention was never to imply Sun or the writer is malicious in nature. Just that said behaviour, especially with Blake's history in mind, being framed and treated as it appears to be bothers me somewhat with the references & arguments in the piece summarising my reasoning. 

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33542278 - 3 months ago

Ruby's silver eyes......

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33542331 - 3 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

Go on.

• Terratrox

Terratrox

#33542703 - 3 months ago

She's the Fairytale/Steel type. She's double super effective against Cinder's Dragon/Maiden type now.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33543396 - 3 months ago

I'm sorry.....but does having silver eyes mean Ruby has two semblances?

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33543398 - 3 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

No. You get one Semblance, she just has a magic power on top of it. Think of it that she has one dedicated power slot for Semblance, and a bunch of open slots for other powers.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33543401 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Ahhh, ok makes sense.

But ummm, what's so special about silver eyes? is it the amount of power or the extra ability she has?

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33543407 - 3 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

We don't know yet. Nothing definate anyway.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33543411 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Hmmm, curious-er and curious-er

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33543412 - 3 months ago

Only if there were more info on Ruby's silver eyes

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33543413 - 3 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

Her Silver Eyes are an indication that she is unusually capable of taking out Grimm. Whether it's solely through that flash/freeze thing she did to the Dragon in the Volume 3 finale or there is more to her abilities, we don't know (and neither does Ruby). It's likely that Ozpin knows the full details, because what DOESN'T Oz know, really, but we've yet to be informed of them.

TL;DR Ruby has Special Eyes(tm) and that's all we know.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33543422 - 3 months ago

Thanks for the info, guys. Really apprieate the help

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33543432 - 3 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

They Petrify Grimm at the very least, and crippled Cinder.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33543433 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

An eye for an eye? sweat_smile

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33543449 - 3 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

Not quite what I was getting at. 

Salem said that the silver eyes are strong against Maidens, but we also know she wasn't being entirely truthful in that scene. My guess being it crippled Cinder because she still has that Scarab inside her, and the silver eyes are trying to get at that.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33543465 - 3 months ago

I've been pondering a train of thought since that scene, And it's not really based on anything, just an idea bouncing around since we heard that line. We don't really know where the silver eyes even came from, It might even be that they aren't historically "good" like the maidens. are they part of kind of anathematic force to whatever force powers the maiden's abilities. To give an example of what i'm trying to say, without me nessecarily claiming this is the case; If the Maidens power comes from the Brother of Light, does the power of the Silver Eyed Warriors come from The Brother of Dark, creating a natural opposition/weakness.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33543466 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

No because of a simple fact.

Silver eyes are opposed to Grimm which we know the Dark brother created.

That is amde very clear Silver eyes are anti-grimm we dont know what they do but they completely froze and shut down Kevin. 

So if they were created to be a weapon against the light why would they be so harmful to the dark?

So based on that fact I think no.

• AlbionBard

#33543474 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Not against the light, against the Maidens. As i said clear, the use of the brothers name was a placeholder to explain my meaning. It might be we have something similar to the D&D Alignment system of Good, Evil, Law and Chaos. Law and Chaos are not intrinsically bound to Good and Evil, it might be the same with the source of these powers. 

Another possibility even might be that whatever force "powers" the Grimm is similar enough to the power that grants the maiden's their ability is similar enough for them to be effected by the same anti-weapon.

My point is, if we assume Salem wasn't lying, what speculation can be drawn from that?

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33543480 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Ah I see. RWBY doesn't seem to be tying power to alignment. I think doing so would have some complications, since usually it's how people use power that has a morality to it. 

If Salem wasn't lying (though we know she lied about Ozzie being dead) it would mean there is some hither-to unmentioned connection between the Maidens and Silver Eyes, enough so that six months after Ruby blowing her silver wad on Cinder, she lacks the use of one eye, severe scarring, possibly even to her vocal cords, and potentially whatever is up with her arm. Which would then tell us either Cinder escaped the brunt of it, or however the weakness works its not completely lethal.

In reply to AlbionBard

Far as we know the Maidens are unrelated, they come from the Wizard. The Silver Eyes being related to the Brother of Darkness is interesting, but then why would he make something specifically to fight off the Grimm, his own creation?

• revanninja

#33543481 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Okay i think I get you.

The source doesnt matter its the power source that does.

That what makes Grimm and Maidens has their power is energy wise opposed to what empowers Silver eyes.

Is that correct?

Personally I think Salem was lying myself since she says Oz is dead then in private questioning Cinder on that very subject. Which says to me there is different levels of information being passed around.

But if we go with Salem wasnt lying I think its easy to see what it was. Soul. Eyes are the windows of the soul and RWBY makes a big deal about Eyes and Souls so its an easy jump.

We know Grimm are soulless so if we continue that line of thought what empowers Maidens is also soulless as well.

Which means the soul or aura is oppossed to this.

The issue of course is Maidens are said to be directly tied to aura since that was what the machine was all about they couldnt move the maiden power into Pyrrha but they could move what it was anchored to Amber's aura.

• AlbionBard

#33543487 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

In reply to AlbionBard

In reply to AlbionBard

Far as we know the Maidens are unrelated, they come from the Wizard. The Silver Eyes being related to the Brother of Darkness is interesting, but then why would he make something specifically to fight off the Grimm, his own creation?

We don't know the source of the Wizard, he might very well have some connection to the brother of light. As to your point here, It might be that Silver eyes were not made specifically to be strong against Grimm, simply that they are strong against everything that comes from the same type of power that is used by the brothers for empowering their minions, be they maidens or grimm. That's all just wild theorising though. 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33543492 - 3 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Okay. Though personally I hope not everything boils down to the two Gods. That would make things too simple for me. I prefer the idea that there are lots of different magics from a lot of different places, and they are ambiguous about a lot of it.

• AlbionBard

#33543495 - 3 months ago

Oh same, I was just hypothesising an answer to your specific question.

My personal hope is that the SIlver eyed warriors are not inherently good or evil, get some moral ambiguity going on in there past with people on both sides of morality making use of them.