Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (219018)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold He who is found yet lost

#33506159 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

The issue is with that we dont know she has the maiden at all.

As far as we know it didnt work yes some question if maybe a sliver made it in but we dont know if that is true also we dont know if a maiden keeps her sense of self after death like Oz does Cinder who we know has it doesnt make any reference to it.

So its currently a GIANT question mark.

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33506185 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah, that requires Pyrrha to know that she got some of the powers. 

And again, I would think if she made the conscious choice to think of someone else to get the powers, it wouldn't be Ruby.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33506717 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Fair enough. The question then is, who would she choose?

But that leads us to this:

In reply to revanninja

In reply to FettucCR
    The issue is with that we dont know she has the maiden at all. As far as we know it didnt work yes some question if maybe a sliver made it in but we dont know if that is true also we dont know if a maiden  keeps her sense of self after death like Oz does Cinder who we know has
    it doesnt make any reference to it. So its currently a GIANT question mark.

God, I hate that they're doing that, keeping us in the dark so much.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33506790 - 2 months ago

Whats up?

• SAmaster

SAmaster FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33506793 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

Not much I'm afraid.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33506795 - 2 months ago

Figures.......I miss out on the argument, huh?

In reply to SAmaster

• SAmaster

#33506804 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

You can scroll past the last few pages and see what we have to say and add in your two cents.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33506814 - 2 months ago

I just got lost and confused  disappointed

In reply to SAmaster

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33507793 - 2 months ago

Umm, ok it the moment I'm confused.........

• SAmaster

#33507796 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

What about?

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33507804 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

not to dig up old bones, but is it wrong for me to suggest that the death of Pyrrah was a good thing?

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33507808 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

Not wrong at all, It's a valid opinion. The majority of people are perfectly fine with it as a narrative choice. 

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33507810 - 2 months ago

In all honesty, I think it was a terrible thing to do. Besides Penny, Pyrrah was the fan favorite. However, that's not what I meant........

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33507816 - 2 months ago

Would you mind then, telling us what you meant rather than indulging your ellipsis fetish?

• SAmaster

#33507823 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

Well depends on what you mean by good. If you mean that you liked it, that's fine. If you mean it was purely good narratively speaking, then that's a matter of debate.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33507842 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

Not at all. Me and Al -- who are both writers -- have both been staunch defenders of Pyrrha's death from a writing standpoint since Cinder first shot her.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33507954 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

To me, the ball is still in the air. RT is yet to show the full extend of her death's consequences. Even when I'm all pro-comeback, if they keep her dead, and it's for the better of the story, I'll be OK with that.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33507967 - 2 months ago

Give or take, that is

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33507966 - 2 months ago

I mean, let's say Pyrrah is still alive. Jaune wouldn't be the ambitious hero he is seen now. Ruby would have gone alone to find Cinder (assuming Pyrrah didn't kill her) and the rest of the plot would be complete shit

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33507975 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

But that is assuming they all knew she didn't die, which they didn't. If she is still alive, they have no reason to assume that. 

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33507986 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Ok, now I see. *sigh* tbh, I'm not sure what the show would've been like if Pyrrah was alive. And I'm sure the rest of you wouldn't either

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33507995 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

As Mal said. It fits the ongoing narrative, it fit her character, and it gave some weight and payoff to the fall of beacon. An (obnoxiously) vocal minority objects to it, but as the series goes on we shall see how things unfold. 

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33507997 - 2 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

So Pyrrah had to die? Or they choose her to die?

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33507998 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

I'm not sure what you're asking.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33508000 - 2 months ago

In reply to BlackRose99

Pyrrha Nikos dying was a planned part of the story, if that's what you mean. Of course they chose to kill her off, but it was a good choice that was chosen since the get go.