Forums > RT Florida

College Students!!... anyone??

Posts (25)

• likelee012

likelee012

#33195245 - 1 year ago

I don't think I saw any posts for college students, so I decided why not??

If you're a college student, feel free to discuss away right down below!!

I'm currently attending UCF, sophomore, criminal justice major.

Hoping to be a homicide detective one day, fingers crossed >.<

• DrPaynephD

DrPaynephD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33195522 - 1 year ago

FSU Crim/sociology major and after finals this week I will officially be a senior!

Go Noles!

• likelee012

likelee012

#33195806 - 1 year ago

In reply to DrPaynephD

nice nice crim majors!!

Do you know what you wanna do later??

• ArnettV

ArnettV FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gif Addict

#33195981 - 1 year ago

Yo! UCF, Game Design. Not sure what I want to do with it though. I already work at a live streaming company so worse comes to worse and I have that as a fall back.

• EmmyMargs

EmmyMargs French Fry

#33196047 - 1 year ago

UCF!!! Wut wut, currently biology major ecology minor. I really like the outdoors and want to become a national park ranger!

• likelee012

likelee012

#33196139 - 1 year ago

In reply to EmmyMargs

Bio-eco nice!! National park ranger sounds like a great job for someone who likes the outdoors XDDD

Do you know which specific national park or any is good??

I moved from TN, like right under Smokey Mountains so I've been there a lot but that's about it... >.>

In reply to ArnettV

Working at a live streaming company?!? That sounds awesome!!

What part of game design are you interested in??

UCF woooo!!

• booboocanoeshoe

booboocanoeshoe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33196489 - 1 year ago

Go knights! Graduated in December and officially an Alum. I got my bs in psych and in the next few years hopefully continue on for my masters. I wish I had known all of your during my time at UCF!

• ArnettV

ArnettV FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gif Addict

#33196649 - 1 year ago

In reply to booboocanoeshoe

If you're still in the area, we randomly have mini meet ups off University. Then of course the larger ones we have about once a month

• likelee012

likelee012

#33196659 - 1 year ago

In reply to ArnettV

There's an RT group at UCF?!?

Whhhaaattt??

In reply to booboocanoeshoe

Congrats on graduating!! I still have much ways to go... -_-

Psych is really interesting and I'll probably minor in it.

• ArnettV

#33196715 - 1 year ago

In reply to likelee012

Not UCF specifically, but there are plenty of us in the area by UCF and Full Sail. lol. So like, last night, a few of use carpooled to the RWBY screening because we were all so close. I'll be sure to post here if there's another mini meet up or something in the area!

• booboocanoeshoe

booboocanoeshoe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33196767 - 1 year ago

In reply to likelee012

Crimal justice and psych have a lot in common definitely minor in psych!

In reply to ArnettV

Now I live in metro West area but I would gladly join a meetup in ucf area :)

• likelee012

likelee012

#33196835 - 1 year ago

In reply to ArnettV

Oh that'd be awesome!!

Definitely let me know lol

• likelee012

likelee012

#33214648 - 1 year ago

In reply to Moodygrill

Not sure if this is a dumb question but OU as in Ohio or Oklahoma??

And what kind of job or future are you expecting with higher education administration??

• VirusElite524

VirusElite524 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold VirusElite524

#33223526 - 1 year ago

Also at UCF!
    Third year IT major :p

• JadeBlanc

JadeBlanc FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Junia

#33248766 - 1 year ago

I'm a junior at USF majoring in creative writing! My hope is to become a screenwriter someday lol

• Angrycheese5

Angrycheese5 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33264196 - 1 year ago

Rollins College represent! Hoping to pursue a physics degree there!

• ArnettV

#33264465 - 1 year ago

Hey guys! I know I mentioned meet ups, and mini meet ups around the UCF area before and now that RTX has wound down, we're getting back into the swing of regular things again.

A bunch of us are meeting at Cloak and Blaster tonight for their Harry Potter birthday celebration. The place is great cause it's one of those geek pubs make by geeks with a video game lounge up top. The link to the Facebook event is below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1736945276549119/?...

We hope to see you guys there and if anyone has any questions, let me know

• ArnettV

#33281560 - 11 months ago

@likelee012 and @booboocanoeshoe, I know you had expressed interest in our mini meet ups around the UCF area before. Well, now that the semester has started up again and our main guy for those is back in town, we're having one at Burger Fi if you or anyone else was interested!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1153108738085646/?...

• Mort_Goldman360

Mort_Goldman360 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33287813 - 11 months ago

Hello I go to Broward College in Davie. Does anyone here also go there?

• ArnettV

#33289058 - 11 months ago

In reply to Mort_Goldman360

We have a few people in that area, but unfortunately because of the how far south it is, we haven't found anyone to head meet ups just yet. Luckily, we partner with the RWBY Cosplayers of South East Florida though and they let us piggy back onto their events until we find a representative down there.

I suggest checking out our most recent weekly update for some info on an event they are doing in a couple of weeks!

http://roosterteeth.com/post/51280474

Let us know if there is anything else.

Victoria

• booboocanoeshoe

#33291858 - 11 months ago

Anyone else going to the Let's Play Live Fathom Event at the Watford Lakes Theatre?

• ArnettV

#33292445 - 11 months ago

Heck YES!! I think there are about 10 or so of us going that I know of so far

• combaticonsfrvr

combaticonsfrvr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33298358 - 10 months ago

In reply to ArnettV

Yo! UCF, Game Design. Not sure what I want to do with it though. I already work at a live streaming company so worse comes to worse and I have that as a fall back.

In reply to VirusElite524

Also at UCF!
    Third year IT major :p

In reply to likelee012

I don't think I saw any posts for college students, so I decided why not??

If you're a college student, feel free to discuss away right down below!!

I'm currently attending UCF, sophomore, criminal justice major.

Hoping to be a homicide detective one day, fingers crossed >.<

UCF represent!

• ArnettV

#33298365 - 10 months ago

In reply to combaticonsfrvr 

Woo! matt 

• kenshin8960

kenshin8960

#33394340 - 8 months ago

In reply to DrPaynephD also FSU. Mechanical Engineering and Architecture