Forums > RT Florida

RTX 2016

Posts (147)

• ArnettV

ArnettV FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gif Addict

#32931502 - 1 year ago

The dates for RTX 2016 have officially be announced. The community will be reconvening once again July 1-3 for another weekend of mind blowing excitement. The countdown is already up on their site and they've posted a blog with additional info:

http://rtxevent.com/

http://www.roosterteeth.com/post/51185052

I definitely plan on going again! Who all can I expect to see there as well?

Victoria

• JohnnyViral

JohnnyViral FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Oh So Angry

#32931604 - 1 year ago

I have to see if I finally get guardianship this year. If I don't Ill have to weigh the costs since my other friends already have a plan for hotel room and such. Plus after being VIP this past RTX I can't not be one, it was too damned convenient.

• ArnettV

ArnettV FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gif Addict

#32933982 - 1 year ago

In reply to JohnnyViral

I've never actually gone to RTX as a VIP. What extra do you get with the upgraded pass? From what I've heard it sounds like it's worth it.

• JohnnyViral

JohnnyViral FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Oh So Angry

#32934013 - 1 year ago

In reply to Toria350

The VIP party is worth it alone. SO many chances to interact with the cast and crew in a slightly more normal scenario. I remember walking up to Bruce and him being surprised to see me (we had met the past October before FunHaus was a thing when he and his fiance came down to Puerto Rico to an event I staffed).

Other than that, being able to go to the popular panels an hour early and have almost front row seats is a god send. The two autograph slots you have, The VIP lounge right next to the stage. Its honestly the best way to experience RTX if your ultimate goal is to meet the cast and crew and interact with them on a more personable level than just a quick selfie and the like.

• RWBYstly

RWBYstly FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32934181 - 1 year ago

I'm going to try and attend again this year. Hopefully see you all there

• ArnettV

#32934211 - 1 year ago

In reply to JohnnyViral

Yeah, definitely going to have to do that if they offer it again this year. Thanks!

• ArnettV

#32934212 - 1 year ago

In reply to RWBYstly

Well if enough people decide to go we could always set up a little meet up after one of the day or something. Although, hopefully by then we will have already have some sort of event. :)

• Chris_G

Chris_G FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ThatsHowUFRolls

#32934959 - 1 year ago

My group plans on going, again. Pretty sure we are going to try to get VIP tickets this year since the lines were rough this year.

• ArnettV

#32934970 - 1 year ago

In reply to Chris_G

Tell me about it, they get worse and worse every year. And that's great and all for the convention with how big it's getting, but I miss the simplicity of the first two years.

• Chris_G

Chris_G FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ThatsHowUFRolls

#32934989 - 1 year ago

In reply to ArnettV

Wanted to go to the AH panel, but I would have had to line up 3 hours early for it instead of enjoying the events on the floor.

• JohnnyViral

#32935429 - 1 year ago

In reply to ArnettV

The biggest reason I went in 2014 was because of how amazing 2013 was for a friend of mine. It was jarring how incredibly different my experience was from his. Getting up at 6am for the RWBY panel when the panel was at 10. The terrible way the autograph sessions were handled and run. While this past year I had some social issues (my fault entirely) the VIP experience was amazing.

• WB_Spartan

WB_Spartan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Legend of Zelda

#32935974 - 1 year ago

I'm definitely going to go again this year. I can't believe how amazing RTX 2015 was! I'm with you guys on the lines. The VIP badge is going to be a hot commodity.

We should try to get a group photo sometime. ;)

• HOMEBOUND11

HOMEBOUND11

#32938049 - 1 year ago

I hope to go, but $$$ is the issue. I have a trip up to Toronto to see some friends already planned out and I don't know if I can afford 2 trips and still take time off work.

• kirby2123

kirby2123 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32939122 - 1 year ago

I am planning on going this year hopefully.

• Tw1st3d_1

Tw1st3d_1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Needs Coffee

#32943267 - 1 year ago

I'm gonna do everything I can to make it back. Wish I could do it with a VIP pass, but I just don't have the money for that.

• ArnettV

#32943280 - 1 year ago

In reply to Tw1st3d_1

That's what tax returns are for. Every year mine have gone to the cost of the trip.

• Tw1st3d_1

Tw1st3d_1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Needs Coffee

#32943292 - 1 year ago

Good point. Hopefully I'll be able to set enough aside for that.

• tkRaptor

tkRaptor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32943450 - 1 year ago

I liked Austin a lot so I should end up there for RTX again regardless, but I applied to be a guardian so I'll see how that goes.

• WB_Spartan

WB_Spartan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Legend of Zelda

#32943565 - 1 year ago

In reply to tkRaptor

I struggled for a while on whether or not to apply to be a guardian. I decided to get one more year as an attendee before applying. Lol

• ArnettV

#32944655 - 1 year ago

I was thinking that those of us who do go to RTX next year, we should definitely meet up. If not during the day at the actual event, then we could always do it somewhere nearby afterwards. Those who get shirts from the meet up can even wear them when we do to show our communityness! :)

• HoldThatGhost

HoldThatGhost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold '15-'17 Guardian

#32950568 - 1 year ago

I applied to be a Guardian again, since it was so rewarding last year. But, I'll be there either way. One day I'll maybe experience it from the attendee stand point, but it's too awesome working with everyone and helping out the community!

• athoneycutt

athoneycutt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33058783 - 1 year ago

I wanted to go last year but I had a few trips timed around the sametime. If anyone wants to split the costs and go there it would be super cool.

• BerserkingIrish

BerserkingIrish FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33089943 - 1 year ago

Definitely want to go, never been yet. All my friends can never afford to go and I don't want to go by myself, would be cool to maybe meet up with some of you guys if you're near the Treasure Coast.

• HoldThatGhost

HoldThatGhost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold '15-'17 Guardian

#33095860 - 1 year ago

In reply to BerserkingIrish

Don't let the concept of "being alone" deter you from attending if you can! You'll meet so many awesome new people there, whether it be standing in line waiting for a panel, or seeing a cool cosplayer. I went alone last year, and talked to so many amazing, cool people. There are off-hours events, too, which if you're old enough to drink or hangout that's a pretty chill time to play games or check out concerts together. :)

• JohnnyViral

#33095879 - 1 year ago

Yeah there will most likely be an RTFL Meetup if not a room or set of rooms with RTFL members in them.